Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Other trans fluids for refill

danbfree

3000 Post Club
re: oil, since folks were talking about that, I just bought the Liqui-Moly that's specially designed for the EcoBoost motors, because I'm insane.

For transmission fluid, I was looking at the BG Synchro Shift II but it's almost $10 per liter more expensive than the Ravenol, and while that's only $20 that's pretty eye-watering as a percentage of the cost ($32 shipped + $59 shipped). Anyone have experience with both in this car?
I'd like to hear about the difference too... But Ravenol for $32 shipped is great, normally it's $38-40 for 2L shipped, $32 would be what the Triax costs.

I'd go for the Redline if it came in 75W-80, but the ones with that seem to don't appear to be recommended by anyone here that I've noticed.
Like the MTL® 75W80 GL-4 Gear Oil
I really don't want to bork my gearbox, but I really want some fresh stuff in there.

No MTF-3 either? Might work out even better since it's thinner for the cold weather.
For Ravenol, it seems like it's not sold in Canada. Unless there is some nook or cranny I haven't checked.

during the winter sure, but even here it gets to 30*C or more.
I don't know what that is in *F

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Any Canucks know where I can get Ravenol?

Most people at parts desks don't even know the brand.

Just like TV shows, Canada seems to get the snub on a lot of things.
I believe that Blauparts (the U.S./NA/amazon distributor) WILL ship it the short ways over the border (they're in Wisconsin), unless they are just NOT allowed to by Ravenol, but I would contact them directly.

Last edited:

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I've been using Motul 300 now for at least the last 80k miles. No it isn't Ford spec, but I didn't like how the OEM or Motul dctf fluid felt in the transmission after first trying it. Haven't tried the Ravenol fluid yet, but I really like how smooth and quiet the Motul 300 has been so far...so unless they change the formula or I move to a colder climate, I think I am going to stick with it.

About 85 F, which is just warm, hit that today in N. Oregon, LOL... But MTL 75w-80 GL-4 s perfect, just don't get GL-5.
I've been trying to get a straight answer but everyone uses the pricey stuff, so can GL-4 be used in our transmission? All I could find locally here in south Texas is 75w-90 gear oils which are rated GL-4 and GL-5. The full synthetic oil all say they are for limited slip differentials/hypoid. I also found a manual transmission fluid that is for synchromesh type transmissions. Which of these would be a good substitute for the more pricey options like Royal Purple, Redline, Moutul, Ravenol, etc..

The only one that is close to our Ford specs is the Valvoline MTF for synchromesh type transmissions it's spec rating is WSS-M2C203 A-1 and A-2. I will be trying the Triax stuff but for future changes if I can save money I will.

Any information is appreciated

Last edited:

Intuit

3000 Post Club
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...ild-climates-e-g-western-or.18412/post-327006

OEM Motorcraft weight is a full synthetic 75w-80. That stuff being like water coming out of a transmission that's at garage temperature (65-73F) I went with a slightly heavier, Castrol SynTrans TransAxle 75W-90; also full synthetic GL-4, also NOT gear oil.

Even thought same numbers are on the bottle, it's been my observation that the full synthetics tend to be thinner than mineral and synth-blends.