Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Out with the old in with the new

OP
Hanzo
Thread Starter #9
There are two negative of the Fiesta compared to the Focus. Fiesta has less room and interior material is not as nice as the Focus but everything else the Fiesta wins. I think the Fiesta is even better screwed together. All of the body panels lined up etc.

There are two negative of the Fiesta compared to the Focus. Fiesta has less room and interior material is not as nice as the Focus but everything else the Fiesta wins. I think the Fiesta is even better screwed together. All of the body panels lined up etc.
There’s a focus st in the neighborhood. Every time I walk by I see that weird gap at the edge of the hood where a rubber gasket protrudes. I’ve seen it on other FoSTs too, but never on a FiST so I would agree that exterior fit and finish is superior.

OP
Hanzo
Thread Starter #11
There’s a focus st in the neighborhood. Every time I walk by I see that weird gap at the edge of the hood where a rubber gasket protrudes. I’ve seen it on other FoSTs too, but never on a FiST so I would agree that exterior fit and finish is superior.
Funny thing is FoST is assembled in Detroit and FiST is assembled in Mexico.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I never realized that the white paint on the focus and fiesta were that different, I thought both had the same. Interesting to see them side by side.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I never realized that the white paint on the focus and fiesta were that different, I thought both had the same. Interesting to see them side by side.
Foci were offered in Oxford white, 14-15 Fiestas were sold in Oxford white as well. There are members here who have Oxford White FiST”s . In 16 or 17 I believe they switched it over to Platinum White aka Pearl.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
You're right, didn't realized how expensive it was. I hope the "Tri-Coat" paint is thicker and have less rock chips.
Lol nope, first hand experience,. It happens because they are using Water based paint as its enviro friendly. A lot of Automobile manufacturers have switched to Water based paint. It is a very brittle paint which is why it chips easily. People call it soft but actually thats not an accurate description of the physical issues.