Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Out with the old in with the new

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Bummer oh well, I had no choice, they didn't have regular Oxford white.
Nope like I said earlier they switched but Oxford White is just as brittle and honestly Platinum is an awesome looking White. Much better than Oxford IMO.
Plus with the prices the cars are selling for you really are not paying much if any for the Tri Coat.

OP
Hanzo
Thread Starter #22
Nope like I said earlier they switched but Oxford White is just as brittle and honestly Platinum is an awesome looking White. Much better than Oxford IMO.
Plus with the prices the cars are selling for you really are not paying much if any for the Tri Coat.
I didn't mind the Oxford White on my FoST and it would have saved me $595. I have read something about Tri-Coat paint hard to match and fades differently overtime on plastic bumper to the steal body. Oh well, it does look good right now.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I didn't mind the Oxford White on my FoST and it would have saved me $595. I have read something about Tri-Coat paint hard to match and fades differently overtime on plastic bumper to the steal body. Oh well, it does look good right now.
All paint varies on the plastic bumper vs steel body work, just some more than others. You cannot get around it. In fact Ford even put out a warranty faq that pretty much says we know and we won”t do jack. Lol to paraphrase.

OP
Hanzo
Thread Starter #27
Oxford White is water based too. Oh and it catches rock chips like they are going out of style as well. Had a 2012 Oxford white Focus Sedan.
Yeah my Oxford White FoST had a lot of rock chips. That's why I was wondering if the Platinum Tri Coat will protect from rock chips any better.