Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Owner buys a Porsche 911 lemon...

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I feel bad for this guys
[video=youtube;-eXUnZrykDY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eXUnZrykDY[/video]

Wow the list of stuff getting replaced is ridiculous, the water on the passenger floor is horrible and eventually gonna smell so bad. Feel bad for this guy,although I would have never bought a Porsche to begin with,not my cup of tea, I just never got into them.

Should have shopped around for some thing else in that price range,I'm sure there's some really good alternatives. What other car do you guys think is worth grabbing for the same price of this car?

-ry

Shoulda gotten a FiST! It's still got 4 wheels and saves you a boatload in fuel, insurance, and leave lots of $$$ for mods. My wife's dad has a new 991 body style 911 and it's phat but he keeps saying he loves my car...he paid 90 grand I paid 24 and he says the FiST scares him more than the Porsche due to the turbo.

Porsche bought the car back.
Yea but what sux is they only paid what the car was worth after whatever miles and depreciation value. Not the right way to do it at all,in my book that's BS. Especially from a company as big/expensive as Porsche who is estimated to make $25-30k a car,you'd think they wanna keep a good rep and buy the car back for the exact amount he originally paid for it,or replace him with another new one. Heck,they could have taken the car fixed it up right and sell it as a CPO and still made money.

Not a good move on there part since the vid has gotten almost 1millions views now.
[thumbdown]

-ry

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I just watched the followup video and he ended up getting a Cayman instead. I would have opted for another 911.

pwnall1337

Vendor
Porsche has never been good about problems with their cars. Look at how many of their cars were affected by Intermediate shaft bearing failure (IMS Failure). Porsche has been crappying all over people since the early 90's. I think he just needs to take his 911 money and buy the new z06.

Perry

From my perspective, it's a matter of amount of disposable income. I'll admit that if I had $100K to throw at a car, I'd probably not have gotten the FiST. And a 911 or Cayman would've been on the list, no doubt. But I don't have that as an option, unless I sell the house and sleep in the car and shower at the Y. And my wife would not be happy about that plan, so. . . .