Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P0014 help needed!

zorglub

Hi all, I have a 2016 ST with 20k on the clock that's recently started throwing a P0014 engine code. Wondering if any of you had this issue before:
- I checked the VVT actuators which were clean and seemed to be working fine.
- Brought it to Ford who found no issues and sent me back on my way after reprogramming the VVT. A week later the code came back.
- The code stays on while driving, and when cleared comes back every time the car is started after cooling down for about 30 min. (No issues with purely hot or cold starts)
- No noticeable impact on performance, economy or driveability - maybe a slightly rougher idle and slightly less performance, but that could be me.

Any clues what it could be?
Thanks for the help.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
https://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/28...E7CUWtCn5ON1pd7abomRp9c0AogG15Fv5MxTwcQBRWJZf

If you have already had it to the dealer, then you need to take it back. The diagnosis of this is stepwise, and they've done the first step. If the code comes up again, like it did, you need to take it back so they can continue the process.

Note that one of the fixes is to change the oil and filter, particularly applicable if you are using the wrong kind of oil.