Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P0087 Fuel Rail/System Pressure Too Low (Bank 1)

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can assist, as we're having trouble diagnosing this issue. We've replaced the low-pressure fuel pump, as well as the fuel tappet, the high-pressure fuel pump appears to be fine, however.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated on this issue (P0087 Fuel Rail/System Pressure Too Low (Bank 1)).

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you replace the LPFS on the feed line on the backside of the engine near the firewall from the LPFP?

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
If it was a lowside issue it would be generating a p008a code.... That's a hpfp side code... Have you guys checked if commanded is matching actual? Do that for the fuel rail sensor and the lowside sensor, you should really try replacing sensors before you get to more expensive stuff. Both of those sensors are dirt cheap, Amazon has the lowside for 35 dollars. I just had to buy one cuz I have the p008a

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Look this product description is totally messed up but after crosschecking it with both tasca and ford parts.com I determined that this is a new part that replaces a faulty one. It is used on the fiesta, the fusion, the mustang, explorer and pretty much every car ford makes. It is the sensor located on the lowside fuel hose before hitting the hpfp. If your having trouble getting one try this, they are in stock, mine arrives Wednesday and I ordered it yesterday. If you need a working fuel rail sensor pm me and I can send y'all one to test. I have all kinds of extra parts laying around. I just ask y'all to cover shipping but it'll fit in a small padded envelope.

Motorcraft CM5250 Acceleration Sensor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KHL47P...abc_W3QDBBFCQJNQG8598VCE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

If it was a lowside issue it would be generating a p008a code.... That's a hpfp side code... Have you guys checked if commanded is matching actual? Do that for the fuel rail sensor and the lowside sensor, you should really try replacing sensors before you get to more expensive stuff. Both of those sensors are dirt cheap, Amazon has the lowside for 35 dollars. I just had to buy one cuz I have the p008a

LFPS would cause a p0087 as there would technically not be enough fuel in the lines, causing the code.

Just went through this code, and LFPS was stuck reading 108psi on idle/revs.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
You know no one's asked yet... Are you using the stock pump? Have you checked to verify voltage is correct?

You know no one's asked yet... Are you using the stock pump? Have you checked to verify voltage is correct?

Well, im not the original poster here, so I assume you were asking him. If you are referring to me, I already replaced my LFPS(seeing as it was a $30 part, why not), and it now reads 70-100psi depending on load.