Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P0236 code, has this been figured out already?

I finally managed to pull the code thats been on and off for a few months before i parked my car for the winter. I originally assumed it was bad gas as it would come and go based on how long the car sat but recently it's on and not going away.

The car has a P0236 code. Cursory reading suggests a problem with the boost pressure sensor, map or tmap. Has anyone had this issue and had it fixed that can shed some light?

SteveS

1000 Post Club
What causes the P0236 code?

• The turbo boost pressure sensor does not correlate the same reading with the MAP or BARO sensors at engine idle or when the key is on and the engine is off.
  • The turbo boost pressure sensor A is contaminated or clogged with debris or carbon deposits
  • The turbo boost pressure sensor A is slow to respond to changing pressure due to deterioration with age

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I finally managed to pull the code thats been on and off for a few months before i parked my car for the winter. I originally assumed it was bad gas as it would come and go based on how long the car sat but recently it's on and not going away.

The car has a P0236 code. Cursory reading suggests a problem with the boost pressure sensor, map or tmap. Has anyone had this issue and had it fixed that can shed some light?
Mileage?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Esoterikk
Thread Starter #4
Mileage?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
24,000 km so 14k miles, it's a 2015. It's been driven in a few Canadian winters but recently it's become my summer project car so it's parked during winter. I haven't done any engine or performance modifications yet.

OP
Esoterikk
Thread Starter #5
I've just been out and removed both the boost sensor and the maf and cleaned them both with maf cleaner and the code is still there so I'm guessing one of the sensors is shot. It goes into the dealer Wednesday.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Check your wires to the boost solenoid. Let me check my thread but I think I threw this code when my wiring harness tried to mate with my drive belts.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Yeah... Should be 3 vaccum hoses coming off the boost solenoid for the turbo. One on the intake, one to the wastegate and one to the exhaust

OP
Esoterikk
Thread Starter #11
Yeah... Should be 3 vaccum hoses coming off the boost solenoid for the turbo. One on the intake, one to the wastegate and one to the exhaust

Are they easily accessible from the top? Haven't done much work on the EcoBoost unfortunately

Was this ever resolved? Having hell of a time figuring out my issue. Only code I get. No boost leak. And I have replaced map sensor on manifold. Tmap on intercooler piping. And boost solenoid on turbo. I’m at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

Was this ever resolved? Having hell of a time figuring out my issue. Only code I get. No boost leak. And I have replaced map sensor on manifold. Tmap on intercooler piping. And boost solenoid on turbo. I’m at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm in the same boat what did you figure out on this?

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My car had the p0236 code, now I have a p0238 and p025E which seem to be related in some way to the p0236. I'm going to start by replacing the boost pressure sensor. I'll let y'all know what happens.
https://www.partsgeek.com/7lmn832-f...p&cnxclid=16547948585850868573010090301008005
I believe that this is the right part, even though it claims to be for a 1.6 NA engine. If the engine is NA, why do you need a boost pressure sensor . . . . ?

Shipdawg

Did you get anywhere on this I have the same issue, gone through everything new starting on the wiring harness. Just wandering if figured it out.

My car had the p0236 code, now I have a p0238 and p025E which seem to be related in some way to the p0236. I'm going to start by replacing the boost pressure sensor. I'll let y'all know what happens.
https://www.partsgeek.com/7lmn832-f...p&cnxclid=16547948585850868573010090301008005
I believe that this is the right part, even though it claims to be for a 1.6 NA engine. If the engine is NA, why do you need a boost pressure sensor . . . . ?
Did that work out for you?