Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P2112 TAC system stuck closed

Just wondering if anyone else has had this ECU code? Under acceleration all power is lost. Seems to be the throttle body sticking because once the car is shut off and started again, the problem is gone. It seems to be once the TB gets heat soaked, the problem occurs. I know ford has had issues with their OE ETB. Just wondering if just replacing the TB would solve the problem.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
need more details. What temps are you reading? Is the car going into limp mode? what logs do you have (if you have an AP). If under warranty have teh dealer look at it and fix it if you can reproduce it easily.

OP
N
Thread Starter #4
Charge air temp. around 84 degrees with ambient around 78. Its going into limp mode. Out of warranty (45,000mi.) I noticed when I clutch at a stop the engine intermittently revs to about 1500 then drops back down to 900. I went ahead and purchased a new throttle body. Will get a chance to put it on within the next couple of days. Was just wondering if there were any other possible triggers for the P2112 code.

Thanks man.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Charge air temp. around 84 degrees with ambient around 78. Its going into limp mode. Out of warranty (45,000mi.) I noticed when I clutch at a stop the engine intermittently revs to about 1500 then drops back down to 900. I went ahead and purchased a new throttle body. Will get a chance to put it on within the next couple of days. Was just wondering if there were any other possible triggers for the P2112 code.

Thanks man.
powertrain is 60,000 miles.

OP
N
Thread Starter #8
Have you heard of any other scenarios with the P2112 code triggered?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I have not. Have you searched on the forum for this code? The only time I have seen this is in my trucks after using k&n air filters and the oil gum up the throttle body.

OP
N
Thread Starter #10
Yea, I haven't seen any other posts about it. Hmmm.... That might be the problem then. Ive been running a green filter in it for about 15,000mi. The TB looks like quite the hassle to get out and get cleaned. After cleaning, did your problems stop?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Yea, I haven't seen any other posts about it. Hmmm.... That might be the problem then. Ive been running a green filter in it for about 15,000mi. The TB looks like quite the hassle to get out and get cleaned. After cleaning, did your problems stop?
Yes it did. After the 3rd vehicle did throttle boddy or butterfly valve stuck) I have stop using them. Likely was do to me over oiling it and not waiting long enough to dry.

Flaco

2000 Post Club
Resurrecting this old thread because I had this very problem this week. In short I was coming home from work pulled up to red light, had rev surge to 1500 rpms. Light turns green I take of go about 1/4 mile and bam.. terrible motor shaking wrench and engine light comes on. Pulled into parking lot shut of car wait like maybe a minute and restart. Drove of normally. After 1 mile same thing but this time car go's into limp mode. Well at that point I was just home. So I pulled codes and got only one P2112 throttle body code. Next morning of to Ford at 7am, its like a 3 mile drive and about 1/4 mile before I got there same thing again, and limp mode until I get in there lot. Told the service writer the problem and they verified it. And so $ 717. 00 dollars later its repaired. $ 440 bucks alone for the throttle body. Which can be had on Ford Parts online for $ 250. Really good dealer mark up for that one. I just loath using the dealer for anything. But this failure just happened with no warning. So how knows what caused it to go out, the guys at the dealership didn't offer any guess. And didn't say anything about my mods. I did however flash back to stock tune and unmarry my accessport.

Last edited:
I had this same thing happen to me this week. Is there a known cause? I cleared codes and it ran normally until it got really hot in stop and go and the problem manifested again.

I had P2112 pop up this weekend, same symptoms as others have posted. Rockauto had the BOSCH 0280750535 on their site for about $60. I have a 2015 and I can confirm that it this is the exact same part as the one I pulled off my car, other than not having the Ford name on it.

It took my a couple hours to switch it out and the car seems to be working fine so far. I'm planning to open up the old one to see if I can see any wear on the gears, as it looked pretty clean when I took it off.

Resurrecting this old thread because I had this very problem this week. In short I was coming home from work pulled up to red light, had rev surge to 1500 rpms. Light turns green I take of go about 1/4 mile and bam.. terrible motor shaking wrench and engine light comes on. Pulled into parking lot shut of car wait like maybe a minute and restart. Drove of normally. After 1 mile same thing but this time car go's into limp mode. Well at that point I was just home. So I pulled codes and got only one P2112 throttle body code. Next morning of to Ford at 7am, its like a 3 mile drive and about 1/4 mile before I got there same thing again, and limp mode until I get in there lot. Told the service writer the problem and they verified it. And so $ 717. 00 dollars later its repaired. $ 440 bucks alone for the throttle body. Which can be had on Ford Parts online for $ 250. Really good dealer mark up for that one. I just loath using the dealer for anything. But this failure just happened with no warning. So how knows what caused it to go out, the guys at the dealership didn't offer any guess. And didn't say anything about my mods. I did however flash back to stock tune and unmarry my accessport.
Nice to know dude this is literally going on rn for my car! Thought it was the sensor because apparently those go bad too on the throttle body. But now I know. My buddy that’s a mechanic at for btw said the aftermarket parts on void the warranty if they can prove that it was the reason for the malfunction of a part! For example! You live in a hot a** place like Florida where I’m at and you throw a big FMIC on without upgrading the stock sh**ty radiator and your engine overheats because it wasn’t getting enough air. That would void the warranty of the engine! But I’m torn whether I should replace the entire thing with my warranty still or just clean it at my cousins shop