Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

p2187 running lean any help

hi i have the code p2181 running lean i have changed the 02 sensor still the same any one no of any common issues with this could i could try ?

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Could be injectors, vacuum leak or air getting past the MAF sensor due to a disconnected hose on the intake. Just a few things you could check. Any line coming off the intake manifold give it a good look and the hoses coming off the intake, cold side intercooler pipe. Your looking for tears. If it's not vacuum related, injectors may just need a service or you may need a replacement. Next post, tell us your mileage and anything you've done recently to the car. It'll help us narrow down the problem.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

OP
O
Thread Starter #3
hi thank you for the reply its had a engine around 6 months ago the cars on 57000 and engine on 35000 mils the cars got full stage 3 mods nothing be done to the car since the engine went it. when the engine got put it it had a code of p0132 so changed the 02 sensor

OP
O
Thread Starter #4
hi thank you for the reply its had a engine around 6 months ago the cars on 57000 and engine on 35000 mils the cars got full stage 3 mods nothing be done to the car since the engine went it. when the engine got put it it had a code of p0132 so changed the 02 sensor
also checked around the maf and intake if will get it booked in for a smoke test just to be on the safe side

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
When you got the p0132 code did you replace the pcm? That code is commonly thrown by a bad pcm.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Also, replacing an engine can lead to unintended issues. For instance, you disconnect the entire main loom and have to reconnect it did you do it yourself or did a shop do it? Depending on what happened to the pcm it could be corroded which could technically be cleaned off with an electric cleaner or you could have damaged pins on the harness side to the pcm. You could have also damaged something that's causing the system to have more resistance then it should causing false readings.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
https://www.fs1inc.com/blog/the-p0132-trouble-code-how-to-deal-with-it/

Pay particular attention to the causes of this problem and not necessarily the solutions and think about anything your car did that could help you narrow it down. You did the right thing replacing the O2 but it seems that wasn't actually the cause and now your chasing a code that's got a more complicated solution. The main problem is that your engine is burning fuel inefficiently this is why the codes being thrown. So we need to figure out why that is and when we figure that out we will figure out why it's lean.

OP
O
Thread Starter #8
Also, replacing an engine can lead to unintended issues. For instance, you disconnect the entire main loom and have to reconnect it did you do it yourself or did a shop do it? Depending on what happened to the pcm it could be corroded which could technically be cleaned off with an electric cleaner or you could have damaged pins on the harness side to the pcm. You could have also damaged something that's causing the system to have more resistance then it should causing false readings.

i didnt replace the pcm and i did it i was very carful with and raped it up so water couldnt get into it. is there any other things the i could check if it the pcm

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
i didnt replace the pcm and i did it i was very carful with and raped it up so water couldnt get into it. is there any other things the i could check if it the pcm
Check the wiring to the actual O2 sensor and see if it's nicked. Not the O2 sensor itself, the wire that comes off the main loom

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Keep in mind, if this turns out to be a sensor problem you've probably been running rich for atleast 36k miles which means your cat is gonna need to be replaced sooner than it usually does. Do you have an ap?

OP
O
Thread Starter #12
Keep in mind, if this turns out to be a sensor problem you've probably been running rich for atleast 36k miles which means your cat is gonna need to be replaced sooner than it usually does. Do you have an ap?

it says it runnign lean and i dont have a cat and car only done around 1000 miles since the new engine i not use it tbh and what you mean by ap ?

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
You stated above car had engine installed at 35k miles now has 57k miles? Is that a typo? Sorry my maths wrong anyways but still confused.

OP
O
Thread Starter #15
You stated above car had engine installed at 35k miles now has 57k miles? Is that a typo? Sorry my maths wrong anyways but still confused.

sorry the car body has done 57k on the clocks and the new engine had 35k on it before i put it in the car sorry thats my bad and no i dont

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Okay, it would be helpful if you can see data from the car.... Do you have anyway to view your afr? Also it'd help if you could view your stft and ltft because it can tell you what area you need to look at. If any of these are very erratic I would definitely expect it to be an electrical issue. If it's steady but more than 10% off it could possibly be a vaccum leak or air leak. You may have difficulty finding this yourself as it usually take a greater amount of troubleshooting. If it's not obvious, take it to a shop.

OP
O
Thread Starter #17
Okay, it would be helpful if you can see data from the car.... Do you have anyway to view your afr? Also it'd help if you could view your stft and ltft because it can tell you what area you need to look at. If any of these are very erratic I would definitely expect it to be an electrical issue. If it's steady but more than 10% off it could possibly be a vaccum leak or air leak. You may have difficulty finding this yourself as it usually take a greater amount of troubleshooting. If it's not obvious, take it to a shop.

i have fordscan if thats anygood ???

OP
O
Thread Starter #19
Forscan should be able to tell you what you need to know. You may even be able to test the system but I'm not really familiar with using it. Maybe someone who is can chime in?

i have a little idea like live data on it what on the live data should i look for

OP
O
Thread Starter #20
Forscan should be able to tell you what you need to know. You may even be able to test the system but I'm not really familiar with using it. Maybe someone who is can chime in?

i just done a live data on the short and long fuel trims what should they be