Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pads for wilwoods

I have my wilwoods still setting in the box, I ordered them with bp-20 for daily driving.
Now I am debating on switching to redstuff(yellow might be to much) on the front before I install them (GT rotors), I have never used bp-20 before but have used redstuff.

And if I switch to redstuff I would have decide to keep the bp-20 on the rear or use the ultimax pad.

Does anyone with experience on both pads have any comparisons to help me make up my mind?

Thanks in advance.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The BP20 should be just fine for the street and a good autocross pad so I would run them and see how it goes.

I have BP10 for the street and will run BP30 for the track next after I wear of the rest of the far more expensive Carbotech track pads I now run. I have a new set of BP20's as well and was thinking of selling them but I may as well keep them for later when the 10's wear out.

Hey man, I actually have some solid input on this!

If you look at my past topics, I almost killed myself running BP20 Pads on the track. Those pads are not built to handle the extreme temperatures of a track day. The pads will seriously smear over the rotor like peanut butter over some hot bread. I ended up ordering some Wilwood H Compound brakes back in December. They work GREAT but they don't last. I almost cleaned off a whole set after five 25 minute sessions at Laguna Seca. I also noticed that my pads had a very tapered wear. I spoke with Joe from 2JR racing, and he recommended I go with the DTC60 pads from Hawk. That's what he uses on his race FiST. I actually just had a track day at Thunderhill Raceway here in California, and OMG These pads are AMAZING. After five 25 minute sessions, I was down to about 50% pad left on both sides, I had VERY consistent brake torque with ZERO fade. I have been running Hawk HPS pads in the rear for two track days so far. My lines are flushed with Motul 600.

The BP20's are great for the street and AutoCross, I would NOT use them at the track. I about almost killed myself when my brakes gave out going ~100 mph into turn 1 at Thunderhill. The Idiots at Wilwood will tell you that BP20's are ok at the track, don't believe them.

Just to touch with the EBC pads, I contacted them about their compounds and they DO NOT make pads that wit our Wilwood Calipers. I also contacted Carbotech, they Do make pads for our calipers, but oh boy are they expensive $$$. Hawk was a good compromise that really shined at the track.

OP
W
Thread Starter #4
Hey man, I actually have some solid input on this!

If you look at my past topics, I almost killed myself running BP20 Pads on the track. Those pads are not built to handle the extreme temperatures of a track day. The pads will seriously smear over the rotor like peanut butter over some hot bread. I ended up ordering some Wilwood H Compound brakes back in December. They work GREAT but they don't last. I almost cleaned off a whole set after five 25 minute sessions at Laguna Seca. I also noticed that my pads had a very tapered wear. I spoke with Joe from 2JR racing, and he recommended I go with the DTC60 pads from Hawk. That's what he uses on his race FiST. I actually just had a track day at Thunderhill Raceway here in California, and OMG These pads are AMAZING. After five 25 minute sessions, I was down to about 50% pad left on both sides, I had VERY consistent brake torque with ZERO fade. I have been running Hawk HPS pads in the rear for two track days so far. My lines are flushed with Motul 600.

The BP20's are great for the street and AutoCross, I would NOT use them at the track. I about almost killed myself when my brakes gave out going ~100 mph into turn 1 at Thunderhill. The Idiots at Wilwood will tell you that BP20's are ok at the track, don't believe them.

Just to touch with the EBC pads, I contacted them about their compounds and they DO NOT make pads that wit our Wilwood Calipers. I also contacted Carbotech, they Do make pads for our calipers, but oh boy are they expensive $$$. Hawk was a good compromise that really shined at the track.
Thank you for the reply, your post was partly why I reconsidered the pads. I don't intend on tracking the BP20's but decided to keep the for street, and have not decided on the track pads yet but I will look more into the Hawks.

Funny they say they don't make the pads, maybe they are discontinued? Because their own site lists the red and yellowstuff part numbers for our calipers.
Dynapro Six Lug 6712 DP3055C DP4055R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
With the skinny arse DP6 pads we are all going to have to spend to much on them, my very costly pads wore down to where I have to carry spares to the next event, Carbotechs, rivet mounted ends up making them thinner than glued on pads......but I did get 8.2 runs on them and can probably make 2-3 more on the fronts.

I spent a ton of time on my own BBK setup but now may work out a design on a setup with thicker pad options, I was able to have endurance pads on one car three times thicker than the DP6 will allow!

Thank you for the reply, your post was partly why I reconsidered the pads. I don't intend on tracking the BP20's but decided to keep the for street, and have not decided on the track pads yet but I will look more into the Hawks.

Funny they say they don't make the pads, maybe they are discontinued? Because their own site lists the red and yellowstuff part numbers for our calipers.
Dynapro Six Lug 6712 DP3055C DP4055R
I would call them, I called them back in December and they didn't have anything to offer for our calipers. Could be that they eventually started making pads for our calipers in the past 3 months?