Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Parking lights stuck on...any intel please chime in!

jeff

2000 Post Club
Fiesta folks,

Good day. A strange thing has been happening the last few days in my '15 Fiesta. When I park it, the parking lights stay on. I have kept my lights in the AUTO position for the last 5 years. So, as usual, I pull him in my garage, turn the car off, get out, but for some reason suddenly the parking lights stay on. Not the headlights, only the parking lights. To shut them off I have to move the lights switch from AUTO to OFF.

Very odd.....any ideas?

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
On our car the parking lights stay on for a delay period before they shut off...maybe a minute?
Mine hasn't done that in 5 years of ownership. This is new.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I think mine stay on until I open the door. Maybe it’s a door switch issue?? Weird.

Does locking/unlocking have any effect on it? My DRLs sometimes randomly will stay on after shutting the car off, but hitting the remote Lock button will switch them off like normal. Seems completely random to me - perhaps it's in the same vein...

Does locking/unlocking have any effect on it? My DRLs sometimes randomly will stay on after shutting the car off, but hitting the remote Lock button will switch them off like normal. Seems completely random to me - perhaps it's in the same vein...
Interesting my DRLs are always on until I pull up my handbrake. Then they shut off unless the headlight switch is in the on position (or auto and it’s dark)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk