Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Paul's STH build

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
There seems to be NO consistency to the resultant static ride height whatsoever in regards to the Spec R/B6 setup on our rides, going by those who have installed that setup on here. [:(]

The only (somewhat) 'given' seems to be that those who pair them with the Koni Sport yellows get more static lowering than those who install them with the B6es.

Yes, I also soooo wish that there was a given height with that setup, with just a 'standard variance' of +/- 0.25". [wink]

OP
Pablo Pistoffo
Thread Starter #22
It was pretty low- it was new in the first picture in this thread, here is a little later that summer. The 15" wheels and tires do leave a bigger gap in the arches than it does with the stock 17s, and I think it settled a smidge as well.

spring19.JPG summer19.JPG

I'm guessing that TD Pro Race are one of the few wheels that will stand up to the beating your 'weather' dishes out to the roads. I had a set on a previous car, they were light but literally bulletproof. Shame they stopped making them :( If i can ever find a 2nd hand pair for decent money i'll snap them up.

If you get honked at by some random loon who looks like he's driving on the wrong side of the road in a hire car in June ... that might be me. You can tell it's a tourist because they'll be way too close to the gutter and their passenger will have a look of abject terror / fear on their face.

For most of what we'll be driving on, i can safely say for the sake of my back, we didn't search out an ST - i'll be happy to leave mine at home in the UK on the drive :D

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They still offer the 'old school' Pro Race 1.2s in 15x8 for our application (like on Paul's car above), at least here they do, they just dropped ALL of the other sizes for our rides in that style/construction wheel.

I have a set of the original 17x8s I am going to have to sell soon.

OP
Pablo Pistoffo
Thread Starter #25
oh, for the winter I have some studded Nokians on 15" steelies- tire shops get slammed during spring and fall, so I just swap on the appropriate wheel and tire- it just takes 10 minutes in the garage.
I have Continetal DWSs on the stock wheels for shoulder seasons and for dailying in the summer, and the Falken 660s for autocrossing. The Contis are a decent compromise that don't wear the roads too bad and have decent enough grip in light snow or if it gets frosty.

Enjoy your time up here, Fester! Nothing like summer in AK

It was pretty low- it was new in the first picture in this thread, here is a little later that summer. The 15" wheels and tires do leave a bigger gap in the arches than it does with the stock 17s, and I think it settled a smidge as well.
One more question from me, did this setup rub under hard cornering at all?

OP
Pablo Pistoffo
Thread Starter #27
One more question from me, did this setup rub under hard cornering at all?
It has been a couple years since I got the coilovers, so I'm going off memory, but there was just some very slight rubbing if I'd hit a bump mid corner (we have horrible parking lots here).
The bigger issue for me was scraping my lower two point brace on speed bumps- somebody decided to put some on the entrance to some of the roundabouts in town.