Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PCV Valve Replacement questions

Hey guys!

I took on the endeavor to replace my PCV Valve (oil separator) as I believe it may be the culprit to a p219a code I am getting on occasion.

the one problem is the old one is next to impossible to figure out how to remove. I removed the cold pipe connecting to the throttle body, as well as the throttle body and got the plethora of screws on the PCV valve removed, but I could not get the body actually out.

has anyone done this before, any ideas besides removing the intake manifold (and thus the serpentine belt as well?)

thanks!

picture for reference

haste

1000 Post Club
Is your issue actually removing the whole piece itself? If it has a rubber gasket on the back, that may be all that's holding it to the block. Give it a good tug.

OP
TimmyTango
Thread Starter #5
Is your issue actually removing the whole piece itself? If it has a rubber gasket on the back, that may be all that's holding it to the block. Give it a good tug.
Oh yeah I was pretty encouraging with my efforts of removal, the starter motor definitely was in the way

OP
TimmyTango
Thread Starter #6
From the looks of it in real life, and based on the service manual, you have to remove the intake manifold :(

http://www.nicksmustangranch.com/Service_Manuals/2014/2014_Fiesta/Service Manual.htm
Yeah I was afraid of that. I got the throttle body off which gave me enough room to move the piece as a whole, however the starter motor was keeping me from being able to extract the PCV as a whole. Now I just gotta get the courage to pull that and I think the rest will be history. Thanks for sending the service manual!

OP
TimmyTango
Thread Starter #7
9A2B7648-A03C-4E0F-9974-842EE107C575.jpeg

Update: you CAN replace the oil separator (AE8Z-6A785-D) without pulling the serpentine or intake manifold. OBVIOUSLY DISCONNECT YOUR BATTERY IF YOU PLAN ON USING THIS METHOD. I personally pulled the following parts off (it’s a lot and personally had to spend almost three hours figuring this out):

1. Intake
2. EVAP purge valve
3. Intake manifold pipe from intercooler
4. Throttle Body
5. Starter

main things you’ll need 7mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm 13mm sockets, various 1/4 and 3/8 extensions and swivels, 1/4 and 3/8 ratchets of various lengths Milwaukee impact or similar low power impact wrench to save time, small screw driver to assist in removing electric line from starter.

it may very well be easier to pull the serpentine belt, and even do valve cleaning at the same time, however I have not pulled a belt on my own, so I steered clear from this option.

the_ryan’s link was invaluable for starter removal, thanks man!

Hopefully this fixes this pesky p219a code I’ve been getting

Last edited:

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Hi, I am about to undertake this job (mine is reportedly cracked). The link to the manual returns an internal server error. Would anyone happen to have a copy?
I have gotten that same internal server error when I have tried to click on the same link to access the service manual over the last couple months. Hopefully someone has a working link to the service manual.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I have gotten that same internal server error when I have tried to click on the same link to access the service manual over the last couple months. Hopefully someone has a working link to the service manual.
The owner of that page charges $5 now to login and view the manuals.