Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pedal Spacers

BUMP from the dead
- How's the project coming SirThomas88?
I've had to put it on hold until I upgrade my printer from PETG to ABS. PETG is very good material but because car interiors can get very hot in the summer, ABS is definitely necessary for a product like this that affects the ability to drive the car.

I'd encourage anyone who is interested in staying informed to sign up for my newsletter on my site though! I only send out newsletter when I'm releasing something new or have a sale going on, so not frequently at all. But I'll also post about it on this forum

TemecFist

I'm i
If you don't need something immediately, I'm in the process of designing for sale a new pedal spacer which will be able to adjust side-to-side like the Garageline but also be offered with multiple height options to choose from, including an option that will be less high than those two provide. I should have it completed within a few weeks.
I'm interested in this for sure!!! I have the GL, and can confirm, under heavy braking (track) it's not ideal

Sadly, no... Sorry. I wish I could do this full time so I could knock these items out. I've made quite a bit of progress upgrading one of my printers to print ABS, but it's tricky because ABS requires an enclosure with temperature control devices and filtration. I got the enclosure and the filtration system down just working on the temperature control now.

Hey so it's been awhile and I have an update! I'm now printing with ABS, and I've been working the last few weeks on a pedal spacer and progress is now moving quickly now. I'm about 75% of the way to a final product. I'll still need to test it on my car, take pictures, post it to my site and elsewhere. I think a realistic timeframe to have it available is anywhere between 3-5 weeks.

The product is unique in that it will come in a package of two items. The first item is a pedal spacer that gets installed at the firewall. The second item in the package is a pedal cover that gets installed over the top of the pedal surface where your foot makes contact. While the spacer only raises the pedal height, the pedal cover both raises the pedal height as well as widens the pedal, bringing the contact area closer to the brake pedal. Overall height increase is not yet decided, but will be between 20mm-30mm, which is between the NoPistons product at 9.5mm, the Garageline at 30mm and Active Shift at 38mm. Whereas those options tend to be too little or too much of an adjustment, or only offers height but no lateral adjustment, I think my solution will provide the best height and location characteristics. I may even offer different heights.

Here's some early prototype shots. The pedal spacer (image on the right) will be much thicker and the final product will not have that hollow grid pattern, that's just to save material for testing purposes.
1628093787947.png

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Just wanted to share another pedal spacer option. 3/8" nylon kitchen cutting board. $3 at the thrift store or $9 retail and make a few. It brought my pedal up close to even and I'm glad it is not exactly even. I like it JUST below even. ymmv. Studs are long enough to reuse them w/o any adapters.

Last edited:
Hey so it's been awhile and I have an update! I'm now printing with ABS, and I've been working the last few weeks on a pedal spacer and progress is now moving quickly now. I'm about 75% of the way to a final product. I'll still need to test it on my car, take pictures, post it to my site and elsewhere. I think a realistic timeframe to have it available is anywhere between 3-5 weeks.
I'm interested to see how the cover will attach to the pedal.

I initially tried Razo pedal cover, but it felt very flexible and that gave me trouble with blips and general feel. While I was mulling over buying Sparco pedal cover, I actually learned how to heel toe without any spacers, however it's not the most comfortable or controlled experience. I now agree with everyone who says that the real problem is the gap between brake and accelerator (especially if one's running more progressive brakes than OEMs are). I would like to find a solution that doesn't involve taking off the pedal and putting screws in it, so your design looks very promising as long as it attaches in a way that avoids flex.

I'm interested to see how the cover will attach to the pedal.

I initially tried Razo pedal cover, but it felt very flexible and that gave me trouble with blips and general feel. While I was mulling over buying Sparco pedal cover, I actually learned how to heel toe without any spacers, however it's not the most comfortable or controlled experience. I now agree with everyone who says that the real problem is the gap between brake and accelerator (especially if one's running more progressive brakes than OEMs are). I would like to find a solution that doesn't involve taking off the pedal and putting screws in it, so your design looks very promising as long as it attaches in a way that avoids flex.
That's interesting to hear your experience with pedal spacers and covers. I think you'll like my pedal cover then. It's specifically made to fit the Fiesta ST gas pedal so it fits very snug, snaps into place and is secured by two screws from behind. The screws don't screw into the material so there's no need to make holes, remove the original pedal or make any modification to the OEM pedal. I'll definitely be sharing more details on how it's secured as the product is released.

I definitely think both the height and the spacing need to be adjusted to get the right feel. The interesting and debatable question however is how much height is best? Lots of spacers are 10mm, the Garageline is 30mm, and the ActiveShift design is 38mm.

I definitely think both the height and the spacing need to be adjusted to get the right feel. The interesting and debatable question however is how much height is best? Lots of spacers are 10mm, the Garageline is 30mm, and the ActiveShift design is 38mm.
Yeah, see, that sort of thing is very driver specific, and would also depend on driving style and pads, so it would be great if there was an option of different spacer thickness and/or a way to order just the pedal cover (which would be my pick).

For some context, if I brake hard on my car, then the brake pedal sinks down and becomes in line with accelerator. This is without any spacers, so any higher than that and, depending on the foot positioning, i may be inadvertently pressing both at the same time. I'm guessing that's the reason why the accelerator pedal is so low from the factory. If the car is driven on a street, however, where braking is minimal, then perhaps 10mm spacer would be helpful.

Interesting how UK spec Fiesta has the accelerator pedal higher and closer than US spec. I'm really curious if there's a specific reason why that is... (different driving styles? average shoe sizes? idk)

Yeah, see, that sort of thing is very driver specific, and would also depend on driving style and pads, so it would be great if there was an option of different spacer thickness and/or a way to order just the pedal cover (which would be my pick).

For some context, if I brake hard on my car, then the brake pedal sinks down and becomes in line with accelerator. This is without any spacers, so any higher than that and, depending on the foot positioning, i may be inadvertently pressing both at the same time. I'm guessing that's the reason why the accelerator pedal is so low from the factory. If the car is driven on a street, however, where braking is minimal, then perhaps 10mm spacer would be helpful.

Interesting how UK spec Fiesta has the accelerator pedal higher and closer than US spec. I'm really curious if there's a specific reason why that is... (different driving styles? average shoe sizes? idk)
Yeah I agree. Besides driver preference, the difference in pedal heights between hard braking and light braking is the main aspect that makes finding the best spacer height particularly challenging. I hadn't considered the safety aspect of inadvertently hitting both pedals, although if I recall correctly doesn't the Fiesta ST shut off the throttle input when it detects that the brake is pressed anyways?

10mm seems to me to be almost too short with everything but the very heaviest of braking, but definitely too short for light and medium braking. Whereas a taller pedal would work for both light and heavy braking even if it means that under heavy braking the gas pedal is above the brake. I'm thinking that 20mm may be an ideal middle ground. It also seems like theres a lack of options between 20-25mm. But as you suggested, I am considering offering two different spacers to choose from as well as the option to buy the pedal cover separately, which would give three total height choices. The pedal cover itself raises the pedal up by a full 10mm, so that would be the minimum height raised with my product. I appreciate your suggestions and hopefully other people will chime in too!

I didn't even know the UK spec Fiesta has different pedal placement. Maybe it has to do with the shape of the footwell and clearance since the gas pedal is thus on the outside and not the inside?

Last edited:
I didn't even know the UK spec Fiesta has different pedal placement.
Yeah, here's what it looks like

1628112312040.png

I also wondered if its got to do with just the pedal assembly. However, I managed to find a few of the attachment point on one of the videos and unfortunately that's also different between the two specs and so you can't just get the UK pedal to achieve the desired effect.

Yeah, and also looks like UK accelerator has more space around it. I think we'd have way less issues heel toeing in stock form if we had that much space. I definitely slam my heel into the wall every other time i try to rotate the foot to reach the accelerator.

I FINALLY released a pedal spacer and pedal cover! It really takes a lot more work and time than I expect, even for a relatively simple product like this.

I designed this pedal spacer and cover combo after requests and feedback of popular options out there such as the Garageline, which some say at 30mm is perfect height while others say it’s too tall, and others such as the NoPistons at 10mm which many say is too short and doesn’t provide lateral adjustment.

At $45, this combo is a good middle ground because it provides 20mm (3/4”) height increase as well as lateral extension towards the brake pedal.

Because this is a two-piece set, you can experiment by installing one or both pieces to find the right height. The pedal spacer installs and uninstalls very easily in just 60 seconds w/o any permanent modding to the OEM pedal. Just snap it over the pedal and tighten down the two included screws.

I’m offering a 10% to 15% discount on all items on my store until Sunday, Dec 5th. Hmu if you have any questions!
www.Razzter.com

1638372342088.png 1638372370999.png 1638373363615.png 1638373385702.png

Bump.

Maybe there was another thread with more info/discussion on this combo kit by SirThomas

Anyone have experience with this kit and feedback? Thanks

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Bump.

Maybe there was another thread with more info/discussion on this combo kit by SirThomas

Anyone have experience with this kit and feedback? Thanks
hey man, thanks for considering my items and asking about them.

What I can tell you that is unbiased is that to date I've sold over 120 pedal covers and 110 pedal spacers with only positive feedback and zero complaints.

I hope that helps!

Yea, I saw a lot of good feedback. Unfortunately rn, I’ve got a mechanical issue to track down and address first. (Cars pulling to the right under breaking) Then I’ll be back for a few goodies. I’ve got my eye on the pedal spacers, pillar mount and I’ll probably get the extended coin holder as well.

Yea, I saw a lot of good feedback. Unfortunately rn, I’ve got a mechanical issue to track down and address first. (Cars pulling to the right under breaking) Then I’ll be back for a few goodies. I’ve got my eye on the pedal spacers, pillar mount and I’ll probably get the extended coin holder as well.
The pillar mount is just perfect. Easy to toss the whole thing in your glovebox when you park etc. So much better than a damn suction cup.