Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Performance Blue or Race Red?

pwnall1337

Vendor
As soon as I can cover the $5k negative equity on my z06 trade, I plan on ordering another Fiesta ST base + moon roof. I'm inbetween getting another race red or going with performance blue. Opinions?

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Good to see you back, I vote Performance Blue

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Blue of course but Red is more rare I think if you looking for that angle ...

Performance blue is the color Top Gear did their review with and the Smoking Tire has a PB too. For me it was either molten orange or PB, ended up with PB. Race red is good but would be further down the list.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #14
Leaning more towards race red. I keep looking at pictures of Performance Blue, but it just doesn't pop as like deep impact blue did on my mustang gt.

Yeah for me it would have either been Race Red or Molten Orange. Molten Orange, as mentioned, is exclusive and has metallic paint in it so it will do crazy things in the sunlight. I went with Race Red because it was what was available...also this is one of the few cars that pulls off white and looks awesome doing it. I change my votes. Race Red, Molten Orange, or Oxford White.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #18
Yeah for me it would have either been Race Red or Molten Orange. Molten Orange, as mentioned, is exclusive and has metallic paint in it so it will do crazy things in the sunlight. I went with Race Red because it was what was available...also this is one of the few cars that pulls off white and looks awesome doing it. I change my votes. Race Red, Molten Orange, or Oxford White.
Yeah I love oxford white. I had a 2013 GT in oxford and a 2014 brembo gt in oxford. It's a pretty extrodinary color, but if anything happens it's a little harder to color match. Some lady swung her door on my GT and that's what the shop told me. Ended up trading it in for a mazda speed 3 before getting it fixed.

SPhilli911

I'd go for the blue, I personally don't like red cars (even though my current car is red...). If I were to get a bright colored FiST, I'd do the Molten Orange.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #20
My guy at the dealer just ordered oxford white with moon roof. We're still negotiating trade numbers as I won't take less than $38k for my z06, but regardless the car has been ordered.

2015 Fiesta ST
Oxford White
Moon Roof

opted out of nav this time since I didn't even use it before. The nav is simply not as intelligent as google maps. The day they put an andriod OS and google maps in their car I'll opt for the Nav

Here's the mods im planning this time after learning what works with my other modded fiesta st.

GTX2860R from ATP
Downpipe from ATP (With a cat)
exhaust from mbrp
Cobb stage 2 package (FMIC, I need a new access port, intake, RMM from cobb) The rmm from 2j racing was wayyy too agressive.

Gonna shoot for 315 whp, but I'm going to let my tuner (JMS) decide, because I don't want the CR too high for the stock pistons, and I don't want the injector duty running over 85%. I'm going to allow a 2k break in period for engine/clutch before I beat it/big turbo it.