Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Phone apps for logging speed tests?

Looking to time my acceleration on a stock FIST. I heard Dragy was ok, and i found Speedometer GPS. Any particular suggestions? Im don't have any particular speed test in mind just as long as it's fairly legal. First in mind is something like a highway run of 30-80mph, something like that. Lots of apps out there that are supposed to be for 0-60 but i want to eliminate the 0- part so i can gauge power and mostly leave traction out of the equation.

Any apps that you guys know of that will let me set the start/end MPH, or have a list of set parameters? I could just use my clock timer but it's a little clunky as im driving a stick shift and don't want to split my attention so much from just driving.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Use the local law enforcement. I usually find the nearest speed trap and wait for them to pace me....due to the fact Johnny law cant gun me because I am going to Fast. Then when I get pulled over and they ask how fast I was going? I then reply....Can you tell me? HAHAHA ....Kidding.... The best way IMO is to load the car onto a dyno and let it Rip!

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #3
Use the local law enforcement. I usually find the nearest speed trap and wait for them to pace me....due to the fact Johnny law cant gun me because I am going to Fast. Then when I get pulled over and they ask how fast I was going? I then reply....Can you tell me? HAHAHA ....Kidding.... The best way IMO is to load the car onto a dyno and let it Rip!
I think i found one that's somewhat useful. DragRace is pretty neat, any time you stop the car it resets it's timers and sounds a ding. Then when you start moving it starts the timers and records the times for 10/20/40/60/70mph as you pass them. It also records 1/32, 1/16 ect, up to 1/4 mile times as you pass them. All hands free without me having to hit any buttons on screen.

It's not exactly what i wanted but it's the most useful so far. I want one like this but that will reset when i hold a steady 30mph or whatnot, and when it dings i hit the gas and it times me to whatever MPH i have set as the goal. I'll keep digging but if nothing, DR works fairly well for comparing before and after a mod. I've avoided tickets so far with my FIST, hope you didn't jinx me !!!!!!

Se7eN

Or just go to a drag strip

Cneu

Premium Account
use the Torque Pro app for OBD2 scanners. It has all this included. It's $5 but pretty worth it. You don't need an OBD2 scanner to use the speed features.