Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Piercemotorsports 4130 Chromoly 4 point lower tiebar!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
OK got the new 6 point installed with little or no problems a long breaker bar couldn't fix after the impact could not breal loose a tight bolt. Only needed a 13 and a 15mm socket (they other one was for something else) Then removed the factory straps (2 straps on the car only one in pictures though) and got the holes to all line up so the bolts could go in straight and i was done.. now to test it out on Sunday at the last AutoX of the season ..
Thanks Jim looks very stealthy :)

Attachments

nice. The bar looks excellent!

The brace alone moves people to STX, right?
I assume you are in DSP or SM or other?

thanks

OP
P
Thread Starter #46
Yes, absolutely on stands or a lift. Also guys keep in mind that these braces are built to order and painted to your color choice. It's not a production run-they're jig built one at a time here in our facility!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
nice. The bar looks excellent!

The brace alone moves people to STX, right?
I assume you are in DSP or SM or other?

thanks
Not to wonder off topic but yes if I was in SCCA I would have been in STX getting killed LOL but in our area the midwest council clubs use a point system of mods to bump you up in a class so I am still in G mod or GM as The Tune alone on a turbo car bumped me into G prep and the wheels and other stockish things like the LSD took me to Mod.. where I hope to get reclassed back to H next year but who knows right now I am getting schooled be a few SRT4's and one bad azz Turbo V6 camray. Plus they have been doing it longer than me but I look at it like Golf and now I have a golf cart on rails I hope ..
Thanks Again Jim sweet looking welds and paint ..

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
OK had the event at Miller Park aka Brewers Stadium in Milwaukee Wi. and all I can say is based on the feel and the pics of my car I have seen on the course in this bar helps a TON in keeping the 3 legged dog in check.. Meaning it keeps all four wheels on the ground where in the past I would have the rear wheel cocked in the air on a tight corner.. VERY Happy with this 6 point Bar
Thanks Jim and Piercemotorsports great feel on track :)

These are pics of TWO DIFFERENT events but you can get a visual on how the car now sits flat in a hard corner in the wet pic you see a lot of lift in the closer rear tire. And in the dry pic after the frame brace install and from my point of view driving it sits flater as you see little or no gap under the farther away rear tire. Not a exact sience but more of a personal feedback.. (now to make the driver better and learn the car) lol

I am not saying you won't get rear lift but it is for me very much deminished ;) though still there if you work it hard enough..

Attachments

OP
P
Thread Starter #51
That's great feedback-thanks so much! Timmy yours are RED!!! There's Pete's orange strut and 6 point that we're installing tomorrow, and Brian's 6 point in Carbon---Chai's Blue Strut and a few others...

OP
P
Thread Starter #53
We installed Pete's 6 point and strut brace today---he recently did a front swaybar and when he put the crossmember back up it was slightly out of alignment/forward for our brace---we had to loosen all 4 crossmember bolts and instantly were able to get the back two located with a little muscle. Something to think about when your installing the 6 points if your struggling to get a bolt started. He chose EV orange and man does it pop under there!!!

Pete

Drove very nice on the way home. Feels solid. Had some fun on a few on/off ramps the front is very flat and planted and the biggest difference was turn in. The first time I wasnt expecting it and turned a little too sharply. Can't wait to test this on some twisty roads!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I know I won't see as good as results, but I'm hoping to see similar results with the strut bar and 2 pt brace.