Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Piercemotorsports 4130 Chromoly 4 point lower tiebar!

iso100

1000 Post Club
Yes, absolutely on stands or a lift. Also guys keep in mind that these braces are built to order and painted to your color choice. It's not a production run-they're jig built one at a time here in our facility!
So you recommend stands or a 2 post lift that lets the suspension hang?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
So you recommend stands or a 2 post lift that lets the suspension hang?
It makes no difference.
The suspension will only move a little if at all.
You will not be unbolting any suspension adjustment points so everything will go right back to where you had it.

I have had these bars on and off my cars more than once and I have always just uses jack stands.
I wish I had a lift, only so I didn't have to roll around on the ground.

Dave

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thanks Dave. I have access to both types of lifts so I wanted to be sure.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
If you have a lift available then that would be the easiest to use.
Only because the two front "A" arm bolts are very tight.
You may be required to use a long breaker bar and a lift would give you more room to work.
I am not saying it cannot be done on stands, just easier on a lift.

Dave

BlakSt

Hey there, I was just taking a look at your website, and I only see the 2-point tiebar listed for the Fiesta ST. Are you not offering the 4 point anymore?

Hey there, I was just taking a look at your website, and I only see the 2-point tiebar listed for the Fiesta ST. Are you not offering the 4 point anymore?
They're at an event this weekend so they'd be slow to respond. Let me help you out. The two-point is the only one listed on their site right now. They're selling the four-point and six-point, they're just not on the site yet. PM him to order.

no-pistons

It makes no difference.
The suspension will only move a little if at all.
You will not be unbolting any suspension adjustment points so everything will go right back to where you had it.

I have had these bars on and off my cars more than once and I have always just uses jack stands.
I wish I had a lift, only so I didn't have to roll around on the ground.

Dave
Control arm bushings should be torqued while the vehicle is at ride height, otherwise the bushing will always have tension on it, which may shorten its life.

BlakSt

They're at an event this weekend so they'd be slow to respond. Let me help you out. The two-point is the only one listed on their site right now. They're selling the four-point and six-point, they're just not on the site yet. PM him to order.
Thanks, I appreciate the info. As of right now I am just kind of compiling a sort of "wish list" for things to add in the future so I'm not going to PM until I am 100% ready to order. But this is definitely near the top of the list of things to get come spring time :)

Control arm bushings should be torqued while the vehicle is at ride height, otherwise the bushing will always have tension on it, which may shorten its life.
So install stress bar while vehicle is on lift with wheels drooped, snug up bolts, place vehicle on ground and then finished tightening the bolts?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
This is correct.

So install stress bar while vehicle is on lift with wheels drooped, snug up bolts, place vehicle on ground and then finished tightening the bolts?
Or you can do as I do.
With your car still on jack stands, place your jack under the lower ball joint on one side.
Lift the wheel assembly and car until it just comes off the jack stand on that side.
Then tighten the bolt.
Lower the car back onto the jack stand and do the other side the same way.

Dave

Waterfan

6 point lower, best handling mod available after real tires and lightweight wheels, IMO. Or maybe even equivalently valuable...