Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Piercemotorsports 4130 Chromoly 4 point lower tiebar!

OP
P
Thread Starter #81
Hey guys, just checking in---we've been building a ton of the braces and while I haven't been keeping up with pics, we're still shooting all kinds of different colors---our 2, 4, and 6 point braces as well as our strut braces, brake rotors, coilovers, exhaust will all be on sale this BLACK FRIDAY starting at 12:01am Friday morning!!! We'll have a completely new website with easier navigation and lot's of new products---the site will be operational, but not fully loaded with pics/text just yet! If you have any questions about any of our products please don't hesitate to PM me here! They'll be a promo code soon that I'll post that should offer additional discounts and free shipping on some of the line! The sale will run through Monday-thanks again for all the support!!!!

OP
P
Thread Starter #86
Guys just a few more hours and we're working pretty hard to get everything together---the Promo/discount code will be "Pierce01" without the quotes. You'll enter it at check out for additional discounts. The sale will run through Monday---for color choice/options just leave me a note in the paypal notes section and we'll confirm-thanks!

OP
P
Thread Starter #88
Guys I'm still working on the "gearbox" of the website, but it's functioning and thank you so much for all the orders last night!!! The shipping on the strut bar, 4/6 point braces and a few others was supposed to be free, so expect a small shipping refund heading your way. I'm trying to override the fixed pricing/shipping calculator---I will be victorious at some point and have it working correctly! If you get to check out and it's charging shipping, just know that it'll come back to you on these products soon-thanks again for all the support!!!

Any issues with loss of ground clearance with these lower tie tubes? It looks like you are using 1.25" OD 4130 + height of the vertical tubing which the bolts go through. Maybe loss of 1.75? over all ground clearance?
I?m thinking about building a skid plate/lower tie bar myself. A 1/4" 6061 aluminum plate would provide ample protection from crap in the road and the 1/4" profile minimized ground clearance lost. The whole plate itself would act like "tie bar" wanting to resist torsion, if it is bolted to 6 places like your tie bars.

In conclusion, you guys should build a sturdy skid plate then I can give you money for it so I don't have to build one.

Chuckable

I was wondering about the ground clearance too? In addition, is it confirmed that Cobb and Mountune piping fits without clearance issues?

OP
P
Thread Starter #91
I was wondering about the ground clearance too? In addition, is it confirmed that Cobb and Mountune piping fits without clearance issues?
Ground clearance isn't a factor much at all---it's 1" tubing and all the braces now clear the COBB/Mountune piping---you don't need to request it now as all the bars are clear. We've moved the bends out towards the ends and actually gained another 1/4" of ground clearance from the original bar...we end up having to cut 3" off each side extra length, but it get's recycled into cups for other bars. We do build quite a few rallycars here (we're mainly a raceshop---rollcage/seats/fire systems/window nets) and it seems like it's split 50/50 with front skidplates---some folks request the bar and plate while others just have up capture mounts and use a 3/8 plate as the structure...

Is they're a way to know if the 2 point bar I bought is one of the ones that will clear the piping?

OP
P
Thread Starter #95
Ok, unless you requested it then I don't think it was built to clear the COBB-with that said it may clear just fine, only 2 actually touched...

OP
P
Thread Starter #99
Can someone tell me where the 4 washers that are supplied with the upper front tie bar go?
You'll set the bar on the towers and if you look closely they'll be a gap under the flange as the towers aren't perfectly flat. The washer just sits on the stud and bridges the gap so when you tighten the bar it doesn't deform/or leave a gap.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Can you create a mid-chassis brace as a replacement to the OEM brace? One that would allow larger piping would be the goal.