Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Piercemotorsports 4130 Chromoly 4 point lower tiebar!

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran

Problem is that the shape isn't extreme enough and trust me, I hit it with a hammer once and laugh. It's not going to be bent. I could use some nuts or washers to get the clearance but I'm concerned about the studs. Anyway, the nuts are for reference, you're looking at 13.25" the long way and 6.5" the short way. I think it would need .75" to an 1" to clear without issues. Laying flat it gives .5". I was envisioning some kind of single piece, double bar configuration.

Not that this brace is made for this but has anyone tested it on a drag strip? Any help in wheel hop or aid in traction in a straight line?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The lower brace should not affect wheel hop in any way.
However as the brace was mainly designed to keep the lower A arm bolt in the exact correct location under load changes.
It should provide some additional stability during accelerations and decelerations.

Dave

Chris G

I need to get my damn 2 point installed. Every other brace is on at this point. Hoping for the biggest difference maker with the 2 point.

Purchased a Mk2 Fiesta decal in carbon fiber from DMB for my 6 point lower chassis brace! [:D]

Chris G

Did anyone's stock A-arm bolts they pulled out look like this:

Needless to say I replaced both bolts just in case with new ones... just thought it was a little odd to see the rust/corrosion after only 7k miles.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
The mating hole to the bolt on the left probably looks just as bad. I would run a tap through the arm to clean up some of this rust. Or you can spray a small quantity of rust converter (VHT or Permatex) to convert the rust to iron permanganate or iron phosphate (depending on the formulation). Then apply some blue locktite, and torque the bolt. Looks like you got some water up in there.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Yup thats about what mine looked like. The bar now too since it saw salt in winter got it out for a touch up..

Chris G

The mating hole to the bolt on the left probably looks just as bad. I would run a tap through the arm to clean up some of this rust. Or you can spray a small quantity of rust converter (VHT or Permatex) to convert the rust to iron permanganate or iron phosphate (depending on the formulation). Then apply some blue locktite, and torque the bolt. Looks like you got some water up in there.
Thanks - I'll do that next time I have it out. Not going to worry much about it.

OP
P
Thread Starter #114
Hey there-Happy 4TH of JULY to everyone!!! We've been slowly building inventory and converting our chassis brace line over to a powdercoated Anthracite Finish-the finish is amazing, has a hint of metallic and really works with every color theme! The color of steel has always been one of our favorites---and that when combined with a gun metal gray really worked well for us---we had them blend in subtle metallic flakes and it just came to life!

The July 4TH weekend seemed like the perfect time to release the new finish and as we usually do when releasing something new, we offer it at a discount! Through Monday the 6TH you'll be able to use the coupon code "Freedom!" to receive discounts on many of the products in our line!

Again the coupon code: Freedom! will get you up to 20% off on many of the products in our site at www.piercemotorsport.com!!!!