Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PierceMotorsports 6-point lower, upper strut tower, and rear braces installed

jeff

2000 Post Club
How can bracing eliminate torque steer. Isn't torque steer due to one tire spinning more than another?
Torque steer is due to uneven half-shaft lengths combined with high-horsepower through the turning wheels. It's pretty much non-existent in the FiST from the factory, even fully upgrade on the OEM turbo, and can be mitigated (if it's even noticed) by a proper alignment.
I started a thread a few months ago featuring a review of some of these same mods. Yes as Mr. Duane pointed out above a power-modded ST will get some torque steer and loss of traction. These braces do a great job to solve that problem, they are IMHO among the most necessary mods for our cars if you're increasing engine output.

Some have questioned and continue to question how braces can eliminate torque steer, but so many of us have experienced this benefit after using these braces, that is a benefit of these forums as we provide honest reviews of these products. Of all the mods I've done these braces (2 point and rear torsion in my case) have been among the best in terms of noticeable improvement of the car.