Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Piercemotorsports Fiesta ST Rear Torsion Bar!

Trader history for Piercemotorsports (0)

Hey folks-alright! We are excited to finally release our Fiesta ST Rear Torsion bar/rear torsion beam stiffener. After many miles of testing and info gathered, both on/off the racetrack in several different twist beam platforms over many years we're ready to start production! Special thanks to Dave and those who've helped prototype/put miles on the products! The results are impressive and we're able to offer the product with different stiffness rates to tailor/suit individual performance needs. First the benefits!

~Improved stability at higher speeds in both straightline and corners over uneven surfaces!
~Reduces rear toe change over bumps/curbing/helps with rear bump steer!
~Improved balance helping both turn in and mid corner grip!
~Helps reduce dreaded FWD understeer!!!
~Will enhance both spirited Daily Drivers, Track and Race cars alike!

For most folks improving grip is important, however, using parts that haven't been properly developed/tested often times leads to disappointment and can create complications. We've taken our time with this platform/product development and really will only produce products that improve the driving experience. The design we've chosen for the rear twist beam offers maximum effectiveness while still being extremely easy to install with basic tools. The bar requires just a 3/4" wrench or socket and installs in a few minutes!

As with most of our products we've chosen Chromoly because of it's strength to weight ratio. Being 3X more rigid then mild steel (and 10X as strong as aluminum at the same thickness) allows us to design a much lighter/stronger product. We're also able to "tune" the product by using different lengths/thicknesses of material to create something completely unique for the Fiesta ST platform! We've chosen to use a billet threaded/machined pin as our center capture point offering maximum holding strength as the bar will see tremendous loads during cornering---We've also radiused the top to perfectly mate to the underside of the torsion beam as it's not flat up there! Maximum contact insures that the bar will stay tight, the torsion beam hole will not "oval" out after time, and the bar won't lose its effectiveness. Additionally we've added lower rear stays that "wedge" into the beam offering additional contact points which take stress/reduce the load on the hardware. By having 3 contact points per side, we're able to maximize the effectiveness of the torsion bar! Additionally we've machined Acetal/Delrin bushings at the lower two contact points which eliminate the need to drill a hole through the torsion beam in the car---The beam is not soft material---it's actually very tough and adding holes reduce effectiveness, the beams surface area, and can create additional trouble if not drilled straight/down the line.

The pics below are of the prototype after testing---the prototype was just coated black and we used softer white Delrin to determine wear, if any, and for visual inspection without having to remove the bar. The rear torsion bars will be powdercoated the same anthracite color we use throughout our line now and we'll be using black Acetal/Delrin with a much harder durometer for the production product! Additionally it will come with Grade 8 fine thread hardware and be available in two different rates---the STREET version and RACE version!!!

As with most of our products, we are excited to offer a pre-buy/sale at a discounted price with free shipping! The product will retail for $139 plus shipping, however, through Labor Day weekend, we will offer it for $125 shipped to your door! Please PM me here with your Paypal information/version choice and we'll get an invoice to you immediately! We're scheduling production over the next few weeks---we're currently having pieces machined and look to have product shipping out next month! This will be a HUGE improvement for the overall balance and handling-enjoy!!!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I'm in! I'll PM my info here shortly.

So there's 2 options, not 3? Could have sworn I heard in the other thread. 2 is fine though because I'll be going street to match my 2 pt brace.

OP
P
Thread Starter #3
Correct-we're going to offer the STREET Version and the RACE Version---we discussed doing a third version falling in the middle but it was a very subtle rate change.

OP
P
Thread Starter #7
What's next? Will you ever be offering your full ST lineup as a bundle?
Yes sir-we're going to bundle up/assemble some packages based on performance levels soon---you can always PM me if you have specific goals in mind!

PM'd, I think I'd also like to bundle the 2 point lower tie bar in the same color.

OP
P
Thread Starter #11
Can you expound upon the differences between the 'street' and 'race' option?
Yes sir the street brace has a much softer rate/value. From what we consider to be acceptable roll stiffness values the OEM beam alone has a anti roll value of 2.9, the STREET bar value is around 4.5 while the RACE bar value is closer to 7. Much stiffer than a 7 value and the load cycles/stress cycles start to have some negative effects on drivability---and on performance---things like snap oversteer and even rear wheel hop type tendencies/chatter can start to appear. Both bars will perform well on the street and at the track although the race bar's more suited for the track and lower treadwear tires.

Chris G

For a daily driver the street seems to be the way to go, yeah? Seems like common sense given the name but I'll ask anyway... [emoji41]

OP
P
Thread Starter #13
Absolutely---it'll be great as a daily, a nice improvement for sure and super fun at the track/wont get anyone into trouble. You can still get some "lift throttle oversteer" from the STREET version, but you'll have to work for it where the RACE version is aggressive.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I know you guys will love it.

Mine (the prototype) has been out of my car for a week.
So that Jim can build jigs for production.

I miss it and want it back.

Dave

Ordered mine. I have the TB brace, this one seems better made so I am gonna swap it out once it comes in.

Is there any reason why not to run the 'race' bar on the street?

I went straight from stock to your 6 point brace because I saw no reason to leave additional chassis stiffness on the table. I daily drive my FIST with a few track days here and there. What would you recommend?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Is there any reason why not to run the 'race' bar on the street?
NO.

I do this everyday.
However, it is not something I would recommend to a NON track experienced driver.

Dave