Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Plastic Screw fell in radiator hole

After the obvious check from below to see if it fell through (or fell to the undercarriage area), it looks like you'll need to take the front bumper off. Headlights first, then wheelwell/fender screws and whatnot (if you've never done it, there are vids o'plenty for guidance).

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
After the obvious check from below to see if it fell through (or fell to the undercarriage area), it looks like you'll need to take the front bumper off. Headlights first, then wheelwell/fender screws and whatnot (if you've never done it, there are vids o'plenty for guidance).
I've done the bumper before. It's a pain... I'm tempted to just leave it in there and let it fall out.

Spork1569

Unfortunately, it was the screw that holds on the ECU connector cover. Now I just got a find one lying around to replace it with.
I have has some luck using the plastic ones they sell at Lowe's for various things like the ones near the headlights as well as the panels inside the car next to the shifting console. Worth a shot

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
I have has some luck using the plastic ones they sell at Lowe's for various things like the ones near the headlights as well as the panels inside the car next to the shifting console. Worth a shot
Yeah I'll run by Home Depot and get some while I do my returns. All this trouble for a quick shift kit (Mountune)

Spork1569

Yeah I'll run by Home Depot and get some while I do my returns. All this trouble for a quick shift kit (Mountune)
I've had a similar experience with that damn ecu clip lol. Except mine went and flung itself into the crossover pipe and down into the turbo.

Luckily a vacuum attached to my turbo inlet was enough to suck the thing out but it was still a scary experience nonetheless. Taking all that apart was not fun at all since I was just installing the transmission side motor mount, that really only took 15 minutes compared to the rest of the ordeal.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
I've had a similar experience with that damn ecu clip lol. Except mine went and flung itself into the crossover pipe and down into the turbo.

Luckily a vacuum attached to my turbo inlet was enough to suck the thing out but it was still a scary experience nonetheless. Taking all that apart was not fun at all since I was just installing the transmission side motor mount, that really only took 15 minutes compared to the rest of the ordeal.
Yikes. I'll keep an eye on if I eventually do that mount.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Well I wanna try and get the replacement screw/tab, it held down the shield that covers the ECU connection. Any idea how I could get a part number or something, or atleast a picture from someone so I know what to look for at the store?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The Mountue kit IS a major pain (as are ALL of the shift cable bracket the bushings under the hood), but i figure it is a one time thing, and it is SOOOOO 'worth it'! [thumb]

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Well I wanna try and get the replacement screw/tab, it held down the shield that covers the ECU connection. Any idea how I could get a part number or something, or atleast a picture from someone so I know what to look for at the store?
This guy?
1571430044143.png

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Below is from fordparts. It is for the different engine but it looks similar to the service manual

1571430228697.png
1571430259506.png

The below is also from ford parts, is supposed to be for the Fist, but it does not look like the picture from the service manual.

1571430541758.png
1571430570234.png

Any of that look right? Memory tells me that the service manual is a tad off and that you want the HM1 Fastener in the last picture, Part #703915

Last edited:
OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
Below is from fordparts. It is for the different engine but it looks similar to the service manual

View attachment 24370
View attachment 24371

The below is also from ford parts, is supposed to be for the Fist, but it does not look like the picture from the service manual.

View attachment 24372
View attachment 24373

Any of that look right? Memory tells me that the service manual is a tad off and that you want the HM1 Fastener in the last picture, Part #703915
Yup! That's the one. Thank you/