Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PlastiDipped my wheels today

OP
Tr1cycle
Thread Starter #21
Nope went straight on with the gold. I figured since i have rado greys id be ok

I know it's not mine, but please, for the love of all things Car Community, put down the Plastidip and step away from the vehicle.

Anyway, OP. It does look great. Did you use an undercoat of white or anything?
Just several layers of white then a clear coat. Because it gets so dirty quickly and stays dirty, I am ready to remove it. I like it and the fact that it protects the finish, but it was a pain to mask. I won't reapply to the spoilers and rockers. I will overlay the white on the wheels with a darker color. I'm leaning toward brake-dist gray, or as close as I can get to it.

I guess the brake dust is so thick because it sticks to the rubber coating very easily and it shows up against the white. I had black Dip on my truck and it didn't show brake dust much at all. Now it also didn't generate as much dust as the FiST and brake-dust-gray is closer in color to black, so it shouldn't be as obvious. I'm planning to switch to dark gray soon.

I want to do mine black with some gloss. Any recommendations on where to get plastidip? Any stores carry it or similar and also, how many coats are recommended. Was thinking maybe 2 layers black and 2 or 3 gloss? Is there a certain amount of layers needed?

Thanks.

Always do at least 5 coats of plasti dip. If you are having troubles removing go to dipyourcar.com and buy the dip remover. It's amazing, spray it on let it set 5min then do another wet coat. After that it pretty much sprays right off with a pressure washer. Just did my friends Honda and it worked perfectly as he had too few coats to peel properly.

i dont fuck around when it comes to plastidip. always spray more then what you think. the thicker the result is the easier it comes off later. I use a can and a half per wheel. of just the color. not including gloss. The whole can gets used on the face/spokes and the half gets used on the barrel of the wheel. i take my wheels off when i dip. atleast 3-4 heavy wet coats of gloss.

watch videos from dipyourcar on youtube.