Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PNW Crew Check In

Hey all,

Christian, '16 all black FiST here in SE Portland.

Definitely an enthusiast, mid level mechanical knowledge, first time FiST owner. Had her for about 6 months, bought from SHIFT in Seattle with just over 30k miles. Had to replace the transmission in the first month due to previous owner abuse but luckily had a full coverage warranty from dealer, cost a little over 100$ out of pocket. Still noticing a few issues here and there but overall love the car.

looking for shop recommendations here in PDX, local owners, meetups etc.
Thats great that you got a new trans out of the deal, thats what worries me about the online sellers like that, people sending them cars are doing it because they are about to break.

Shop wise, I do 99% of my own work so can't help much there. I have had PRE do alignments, tire changes, not the cheapest, but they will do the job right.

For meetups, come to an autocross! SCCA and BCA will be running end of February/early March, there are always some of us Fiesta's and Focus ST/RS's.

Zormecteon

I've been getting mine serviced at Landmark in Tigard for a few years.. if that's a help. they've been pretty good.

Black Fists Matter

U.S. Navy Veteran
What’s going down in the PNW?

Mike. Central Oregon
I hadn’t seen a FiST in person and purchased mine site unseen.
Black 19 purchased 12/11/2021 from private owner in Brookings OR with 8833 miles. Car was originally purchased in WA and was trailered to Brookings so it could be broken in properly. Owner was selling because he had too many toys and decided to keep the Corvette. Lucky ME.

Have always loved anything with a motor. With exception to hand operated equipment like lawnmowers and shit. First car was a new 1982 Honda Accord I immediately lowered. A bunch of years and many vehicles later I have another hatchback. This one I plan to keep forever. Or until the government rips it from my cold dead hand. EV not for ME.

Nothing major planned for my FiST. First thing I did was install Rally Armor mud flaps, got rid of the rear wiper by installing a WMS rear wiper delete and blacking out the third brake light with Lamin-x charcoal brake light cover. RMM and upper engine mount bolt upgrade kit are going in next week. Then trans mount and both cable bracket bushings and shifter base bushings. Then eventually a ST 200 air box, MBRP exhaust and a WMS V1 intercooler

I have no interest in ralling my ride (at least not yet) but would definitely like to meet up and check out a track day or ???
If anyone has a set of stock black wheels for sale please let me know.
Oh and just for fun I put blue Snail Turbo inlays on it.

Attachments

Last edited:

anticon

Mike. Central Oregon
Black 19 purchased 12/11/2021 from private owner in Brookings OR with 8833 miles. Car was originally purchased in WA and was trailered to Brookings so it could be broken in properly. Owner was selling because he had too many toys and decided to keep the Corvette. Lucky ME.

Have always loved anything with a motor. With exception to hand operated equipment like lawnmowers and shit. First car was a new 1982 Honda Accord I immediately lowered. A bunch of years and many vehicles later I have another hatchback. This one I plan to keep forever. Or until the government rips it from my cold dead hand. EV not for ME.

Nothing major planned for my FiST. First thing I did was install Rally Armor mud flaps, got rid of the rear wiper by installing a WMS rear wiper delete and blacking out the third brake light with Lamin-x charcoal brake light cover. RMM and upper engine mount bolt upgrade kit are going in next week. Then trans mount and both cable bracket bushings and shifter base bushings. Then eventually a ST 200 air box, MBRP exhaust and a WMS V1 intercooler

I have no interest in ralling my ride (at least not yet) but would definitely like to meet up and check out a track day or ???
Welcome! Nice ride!

cwatson16

I've been getting mine serviced at Landmark in Tigard for a few years.. if that's a help. they've been pretty good.
Thanks for the recommendation! I've been to courtesy, landmark, AND damerow in the last 4-5 months. damerow inspected the vehicle for damage, gave a diagnosis, but wouldn't repair. courtesy replaced the tranny (both good and bad experience) and last week landmark checked out a significant gear whine that just came out of nowhere. by far landmark was the best in terms of customer service and repair work, I'd also recommend them. Most honest experience I've had here was at Todd's automotive in Lake O, but my warranty would only cover work done at a ford dealership... sigh.

Mike. Central Oregon

Check out an autocross with the Central Oregon autocross club. Looks like they are doing a track day at ORP as well.
ACCO - Events (autoxclub.org)

I relocated to Seattle from the Mid-Atlantic area and am surprised by how many Fiesta STs I see whenever I travel to the east side. The Fiesta Facebook groups for this area are terrible compared to what I experienced back east and there are so many more of them with crackle tunes... not my thing.

Car interests: Putting more effort into my drift E46 so I can get more track time in it. I enjoy HPDEs on occasion and need to get solo'd for some of the clubs around here.

Car mechanical skills: I've built some engines and rebuilt a couple of transmissions, but that's thanks to the magic of service manuals. If I had fabrication skills, most of that would be faster and easier.

Other interests: Computer nerd things.

My Fiesta: The first one was a 2014 that was one of the first deliveries in the USA. I put 171k miles on it with over 120k of them putting down 207whp & 313lbs/ft with just a tune and it was great up to its end. My current FiST is a 2018 that feels less sharp than the first car did stock, so it got a Wavetrac LSD and a Mountune short shift bracket. I have a small mountain of other parts to install, but the car's great as it sits, so I haven't yet. This is supposed to be my daily and not get a bunch of mods, but I think many of us know how that goes.

I relocated to Seattle from the Mid-Atlantic area and am surprised by how many Fiesta STs I see whenever I travel to the east side. The Fiesta Facebook groups for this area are terrible compared to what I experienced back east and there are so many more of them with crackle tunes... not my thing.

Car interests: Putting more effort into my drift E46 so I can get more track time in it. I enjoy HPDEs on occasion and need to get solo'd for some of the clubs around here.

Car mechanical skills: I've built some engines and rebuilt a couple of transmissions, but that's thanks to the magic of service manuals. If I had fabrication skills, most of that would be faster and easier.

Other interests: Computer nerd things.

My Fiesta: The first one was a 2014 that was one of the first deliveries in the USA. I put 171k miles on it with over 120k of them putting down 207whp & 313lbs/ft with just a tune and it was great up to its end. My current FiST is a 2018 that feels less sharp than the first car did stock, so it got a Wavetrac LSD and a Mountune short shift bracket. I have a small mountain of other parts to install, but the car's great as it sits, so I haven't yet. This is supposed to be my daily and not get a bunch of mods, but I think many of us know how that goes.
Well you have The Ridge up there to play at, its a fantastic track. And there are regular autocross events at Packwood, Shelton (near The Ridge), and Evergreen Speedway (I think?). Your right, the FB pages with Fiesta's in them are the crackle tune crowd. There are some of us older guys in there, but we are fairly quite.

Name: Devin

Car interests: Staying away from Prius', back road Hooning, and soon Track Night in America.

Car mechanical skills: I can fix anything without a heartbeat.

Other interests: Motorcycles, Disc Golf, Flying, and RC anything.

What I do: Mechatronics Engineer @AgilityRobotics

Attachments

Name: Devin

Car interests: Staying away from Prius', back road Hooning, and soon Track Night in America.

Car mechanical skills: I can fix anything without a heartbeat.

Other interests: Motorcycles, Disc Golf, Flying, and RC anything.

What I do: Mechatronics Engineer @AgilityRobotics
Welcome! I had no idea they were doing Robots in Eugene, I grew up there (Portland now). The FB group WORST (Western Oregon RS ST owners) is the largest Fiesta presence I have seen around here.

When are you doing a Track Night? I assume at PIR? Just watch your temps if you r on a stock radiator, I can overheat and go into limp mode doing Autocross, so have avoided track days with much longer sessions.

RC, there is a track in Junction City (Superior RC) if you didnt already know, carpet offroad racing, and they are starting to do on-road a couple times a month. Superior. If your into that racing, there is a track in Albany (Northwest Hobbies), and Portland (PDX Underground).