Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

POLL: What Tune are you using on your Fiesta ST?

What Tune are you using on your Fiesta ST?

• COBB Tuning

Votes: 138 23.8%
  • Mountune

Votes: 85 14.7%
  • Tune+

Votes: 58 10.0%
  • Stratified Automotive Controls

Votes: 132 22.8%
  • DeadHook Motorsports

Votes: 23 4.0%
  • Livernois Motorsports

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Oz Tuning

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • PERON

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • "Self-Tuned" w/ COBB ATR

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • PD Tuning

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Dizzy Tuning

Votes: 115 19.9%

• Total voters
Cobb and their authorized tuners are tried and true for these kind of cars, I don't see the value in trying anybody else to be honest, there's no value in being unique when it comes to tuning, you just want quality.
I wasn't trying to be different or cool. I found an online deal and got their tuner for $169. I've also found a shop that will email me a custom tune file for $200. Have to go back through my emails to see which shop.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

I recently went with the Cobb 1+.

Initial impression is that it allows me to pull my driveway in 2nd gear, which is pretty impressive, as it stalled when I tried it the first 2-3 times :)

Driving it on my way to/from work (a twisty route I'm intimately familiar with)- definitely worth the money. The low to mid range improvement is more than I expected and increases the fun factor.

The Cobb RMM impressions: It made the shifter feel more connected, NVH a bit more overall.

Next week, I'll be installing Pierce Motorsports Street package. I'll report back when I have time to feel it out.

CaptainCheesy

U.S. Army Veteran
Anyone running C-PE? I've heard some friends talking about them. I've also heard about Stratified. I'm just trying to find a decent tuner if anyone could help point me in the right direction?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Anyone running C-PE? I've heard some friends talking about them. I've also heard about Stratified. I'm just trying to find a decent tuner if anyone could help point me in the right direction?
Really depends on what you're looking for. Stratified is known for a lot of power and torque right off the line, while dizzy (my tuner, with pops and bangs) has a lot more of a smooth linear build up. CPE I don’t know too much about when it comes to tuning.

Last edited:

CaptainCheesy

U.S. Army Veteran
Really depends on what you're looking for. Stratified is known for a lot of power and torque right off the line, while dizzy (my tuner, with pops and bangs) has a lot more of a smooth linear build up. CPE I don’t know too much about when it comes to tuning.
I'm running completely stock if that helps at all. I've been pointed to C-PE by two friends, pointed to Stratified by two more, so I'm not sure what to do.

CaptainCheesy

U.S. Army Veteran
I guess you could say I'm looking for 91/92/93 maps, an economy map, and possibly a valet mode, much like Stratified has. I don't wanna mess with the Rev limits, because that's what I know and that's where I'm comfortable. Unless it's necessary to decrease for safety reasons? πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I guess you could say I'm looking for 91/92/93 maps, an economy map, and possibly a valet mode, much like Stratified has. I don't wanna mess with the Rev limits, because that's what I know and that's where I'm comfortable. Unless it's necessary to decrease for safety reasons? πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
Hmmm well from personal experience Dizzy should be able to help you with all of that, as well as the other tuners I'm sure. I know Jason makes 91, 93, and E30 tunes (I use both the later two). I swap on the fly between Eco and Performance mode all the time. There's isn't much reason to mess with the Rev limits on the stock turbo since the power really runs out past ~5k revs anyways.

CaptainCheesy

U.S. Army Veteran
Hmmm well from personal experience Dizzy should be able to help you with all of that, as well as the other tuners I'm sure. I know Jason makes 91, 93, and E30 tunes (I use both the later two). I swap on the fly between Eco and Performance mode all the time. There's isn't much reason to mess with the Rev limits on the stock turbo since the power really runs out past ~5k revs anyways.
I honestly might just try out Stratified, and if I don't like them, I can always try others out. No sense in struggling to find any one tuner until I got what I like.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I honestly might just try out Stratified, and if I don't like them, I can always try others out. No sense in struggling to find any one tuner until I got what I like.
Exactly. And if you don't have an Accessport already you can combo them together for a pretty nice deal if you get a tune with them

Hypergram said it pretty well. We can make different tunes for different fuels as the customer requests, and I always do an economy/safety slot on pretty much every tune. I am usually flexible in terms of giving the customer what they want, as long as its safe and within reason. Basically, tell me what you want out of the tune and we will make it happen. Usually the rev limit is left how it is as Hypergram said, there's no reason to really rev it out on the stock turbo as it doesnt make much torque up top.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
How do you swap on the fly? I have a 2014.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
How do you swap on the fly? I have a 2014.

You use the cruise control buttons. I actually completely forgot about this till recently, but If you have a tune with multiple maps, you press the can/res button, then use the speed up/down buttons to cycle through. You should see the tachometer hover over 1k or 2k revs. 1 is usually performance while 2 is usually eco/valet/low boost. Depends on your tuner tho. There's also an Accessport guage telling you which one you're in.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
As someone who has been tuned by both Stratified and Mitch @ CP-E in the past: Stratified has really great Off-The-Shelf tunes for the stock turbo. I am not sure what CP-E overs as far as OTS tunes but once I went the custom tune route with a bigger turbo, CP-E was far superior in the customer service department. Turnaround times are about 75% quicker with CP-E over Stratified.

If your car is running out of power at that range you should check your tune. I run a Dizzy tune and it makes power even past that.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
You use the cruise control buttons. I actually completely forgot about this till recently, but If you have a tune with multiple maps, you press the can/res button, then use the speed up/down buttons to cycle through. You should see the tachometer hover over 1k or 2k revs. 1 is usually performance while 2 is usually eco/valet/low boost. Depends on your tuner tho. There's also an Accessport guage telling you which one you're in.
Does the eco make a big difference? The car is reading 29mpg on E30. Not bad considering winter gas.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
If your car is running out of power at that range you should check your tune. I run a Dizzy tune and it makes power even past that.
I just mean that as the revs get higher the car begins to run out of steam. The turbo simply can't supply power at the higher rev range, not specifically 5k.