Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Post a picture of your Fiesta ST as it sits right now!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
When funds arent tight, and your a car guy, theres always an upside to vehicle repairs.
Drum [emoji1623] roll! I'm doing it at home I decided. It's a fiesta .... Not a Lamborghini. Got all the tools...experience...even though its been a bit. I can tackle this.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Done....done...done. Pretty sure input shaft snapped data logging. Starts fine....no oil on the ground so no artificial opening created. Sounds like a box of rocks when in gear...doesn't wanna move forward quickly....more like snails pace. Upgraded trans and clutch in my future pending diagnosis.

Sorry to hear. I appreciate you not giving up on the car and fixing it

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Took a short day trip to a place I have not been to for over 55 years!

My family used to have reunions at this place in Roxbury, N.J. called Horseshoe Lake (obviously due to it's shape), and I am fairly certain that almost every state in this land has at least one body of water with this name.

The last one I remember going to was when I was 10 in 1965.

1634864685914.jpeg

Of course, I had to blast the Todd Snider/Will Kimbrough song of the same name while driving through there and surrounds (I am guessing that song was written about the one near Nashville, given they both live in that general area now). [wink]

Could you bleed all 4 wheels...Now? I know the Europe folks have that option. Hopefully we do now also with Forscan.

No, it didn't work. All I could do was bleed the abs system. I had watched Spark Plug Steve's video on it and really couldn't find much else. Ended up just doing it manually with one person opening the bleed screw and one person pumping the brakes.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
No, it didn't work. All I could do was bleed the abs system. I had watched Spark Plug Steve's video on it and really couldn't find much else. Ended up just doing it manually with one person opening the bleed screw and one person pumping the brakes.
That's exactly what I had to do also. Was sordove hoping Forskin would give us that option. Bunch of Dingus's I tell ya.

Last edited:

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Bleeding the ABS system bleeds the braking system. I can do a how-to if needed but I followed spark plug Steve's video.

Bleeding the ABS system bleeds the braking system. I can do a how-to if needed but I followed spark plug Steve's video.
Please do. I ended up bleeding the abs system and the pedal firmed up, but would slowly sink to the floor. I had some motul 600 laying around I used to top up with, but I think I want to replace all the fluid. Pedal got a little soft after a spirited drive.

Waiting on a activation code from forscan so I can bleed the brakes View attachment 43906
Are those EBC slotted/dimpled rotors? I just put a set on (the front) + Yellowstuff, bedded per instructions and they did very well at 1st track day at Arizona Motorsports Park a few weeks ago. 1st session finished baking them in and at end of 2nd they were 100 deg F cooler than after 1st. Haven't checked how much pad I used over 5 sessions yet. BTW, I got a Motive Products pressure bleeder and it worked very well. Running Motul 5.1.

Are those EBC slotted/dimpled rotors?
Yes they are, good eye! I had to search high and low for them (slotted/dimpled front and rears), and I had them sitting for a few months before I installed them. Was slightly worried they weren't the right ones because they were so hard to find. I ended up going with the red stuff pads, she's a daily and after 2 years I've never taken it to autocross or anything like I thought I would. I knew for sure though that I wanted a cleaner pad after getting the white wheels. The rotors are a little noisy but they do warn about that, and I've had them on a few other cars so I knew what to expect. I have a few bottles of Motul 600 laying around that I should replace the stock fluid with; after doing the 3 60-5mph hard stops for bedding in the pedal got a touch soft. Probably could go with another bleeding too, wouldn't hurt anything at least to try.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Drum [emoji1623] roll! I'm doing it at home I decided...........
I was actually a little surprised that you were take'n it to a trans shop to start with but figured maybe you simply didn't have the time.

If it's an axle shaft, should be pretty easy to spot. Good luck with the diag & repairs... 👍

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I was actually a little surprised that you were take'n it to a trans shop to start with but figured maybe you simply didn't have the time.

If it's an axle shaft, should be pretty easy to spot. Good luck with the diag & repairs... [emoji106]
Trans. Already being made by Clarke Transmissions. Waiting on a Fomoco Intergalactic Back order part ....Go Fu&king figure..... most likely won't see it now until late November...FML. every time I walk past my FiST I just shake my head.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Trans. Already being made by Clarke Transmissions. Waiting on a Fomoco Intergalactic Back order part ....Go Fu&king figure..... most likely won't see it now until late November...FML. every time I walk past my FiST I just shake my head.

Postmortem autopsy?