Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Post a picture of your Fiesta ST as it sits right now!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
As long as the Hill Country never drops below ~34*F, you are golden, no flame suit needed.

But given what happened last year down there, and the fact that the Red Line stuff does not have much water pump lube properties, nor anti-corrosion additives in it, probably not ideal.

As long as the Hill Country never drops below ~34*F, you are golden, no flame suit needed.

But given what happened last year down there, and the fact that the Red Line stuff does not have much water pump lube properties, nor anti-corrosion additives in it, probably not ideal.
Yeah, you are probably right. I'm pretty sure it was the first real coolant flush in over 90k+ miles, and yet the OEM stuff that came out was super clean and clear(now that I think about it that's probably a contributing factor as to why my resivoir looks so Orange). I did it in preparation of some track events this summer, matter of fact I'm hoping to make the AutoX event at Cota this Sunday. Then I will probably flush it a couple of days in a row with straight distilled and finally some of that new yellow OEM coolant.

Sam4

So here's a worthless question -why is the washer fluid tank empty? I use Rainex, as a religion, almost never use the wipers, let alone fluid....why am we always empty????

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
So here's a worthless question -why is the washer fluid tank empty? I use Rainex, as a religion, almost never use the wipers, let alone fluid....why am we always empty????
Sounds like a slow leak somewhere.

I tried RainX in the past on other vehicles, but all I can really remember is how difficult it was to wipe the windows clean and leave them streak free. User error? Any tips?

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I tried RainX in the past on other vehicles, but all I can really remember is how difficult it was to wipe the windows clean and leave them streak free. User error? Any tips?
Wash the windshield with soap and water, using bug/tar remover on stubborn spots. Dry the windshield. Clean again with auto glass cleaner and let it dry. Then use the Rainx. Make sure you are using a bunch of clean microfiber towels along the way. If I recall I had good success with letting Rainx setup a bit on the glass, then buffing it like crazy with a clean towel. Takes a lot of elbow grease.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Basically what Jab said. I always use paper towels to clean the heck out of it then let it air dry for a bit. Apply rainx and let it get hazy. Buff off with clean microfiber then clean it again with some invisible glass and it'll be nice and clear.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I've had AutoZone windshield washer fluid freeze in the reservoir with a previous car. It was supposed to be good down to some negative number you'd only see near the poles. Obviously defective at best, false representation at worst. Fortunately it didn't damage the reservoir and was able to thaw it with some rubbing alcohol. Needless to say that was the last time I bought their smurf-colored urine.

joesiris

@joesiris - that 2020 Yamaha YZF-R6... whats the minimum RON octane requirement listed on the emissions sticker? (may be in the trunk)
sorry im not sure, that guy normally drives a red focus st and thats the first time he drove that. probably the last time he brings it to a meet (one of the other guys rode it then dropped it) but if he does ill look.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've had AutoZone windshield washer fluid freeze in the reservoir with a previous car. It was supposed to be good down to some negative number you'd only see near the poles. Obviously defective at best, false representation at worst. Fortunately it didn't damage the reservoir and was able to thaw it with some rubbing alcohol. Needless to say that was the last time I bought their smurf-colored urine.
That's why I only use the human urine colored Prestone stuff, supposedly good down to -34*F.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The way I applied rainx in the past has been tried and true for me here in Mn. It helps drastically with cutting down ice on windows too.

Step 1. Go get Rainx aerosol spray window cleaner in the can with rainx in it and a bottle of actual Rainx.

Step 2. Clean window with Rainx window cleaner really good.

Step 3. Apply Rainx as per its directions.

Step 4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 ....3 to 4 times. Ending with Rainx obviously the last time you do it.

Step 5. Watch Rainx at its finest when the weather is inclement.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Sam4

The way I applied rainx in the past has been tried and true for me here in Mn. It helps drastically with cutting down ice on windows too.

Step 1. Go get Rainx aerosol spray window cleaner in the can with rainx in it and a bottle of actual Rainx.

Step 2. Clean window with Rainx window cleaner really good.

Step 3. Apply Rainx as per its directions.

Step 4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 ....3 to 4 times. Ending with Rainx obviously the last time you do it.

Step 5. Watch Rainx at its finest when the weather is inclement.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
and from that point forward, try and never use the wipers. ever. Or back to step 1.