Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Post your datazap datalogs !!

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I'll start.

15,500 miles
Sound symposer blocked
Turbo-transformer
Cobb ots tunes
Ported exhaust manifold and turbine housing
Miltek 3" catless downpipe
Custom 3" catback with flowmaster 3"in/out
Cut stock air box with factory oem filter
100% Full weight fully loaded car. (3700# plus my 200#)
89 to 87 degrees 100% humidty
4th gear 2k rpm to 7k rpm
93oct pump gas upto 10% eth
235/40/17 tires ( ups the gear ratio and wheel/tire weight).

http://www.datazap.me/u/Sourskittle

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Do you have Accesstuner? *LOTS* of room to go your current tune.

Good lord you need a FMIC upgrade.

+40F charge temp gain over a 4th gear pull!??!?!?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
I know... Its the climate... Its so bad here. In the mornings when its "ONLY" 79 degrees here, the stage3 tune will run 23-23.5psi, but in the heat of the day... Its just very bad.

If it makes you guys feel better, looks at some of the fost intake temps hitting 170+ degree charge temps with stock coolers. My srt4 would see 240-250 degree on the stock cooler. But I agree, it needs a cooler bad here.

I also agree, its got a lot left in the tune, and yes, its accessport cobb OTS tunes.

I actually said i wasn't going to the track again until oct at best because the heat, but... I may make myself a lier Saturday evening. My friend is taking his 600hp Syclone out. I'll prob goof off some at the track and log it.

I also really want to log some E30 tunes.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Also... Notice this pull is to 7,000rpms. I'm not stopping at 6400rpms. I actually shift at about 5600rpms to 5900rpms.

I just think we all need to start getting used to the datazap log post and people need to be more active about posting there logs. The focus guys are all over this, we need to step it up :)

Ole, and yea Razor, lol, 2700lbs. Lol

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I would like to see this thread take off as well, though in all fairness it should probably be in the datalogging section of the forum. It took me longer than I would care to admit to find this thread.

I haven't done any datalogging yet, but I plan on it soon. Busy with work and other random excuses, but I like the concept of peer review. Hopefully this doesn't devolve into another tuner-bash/tuner-fight thread like the FoST threads...

I'll try and get a couple in the next few days of just the 93 Stage 1 tune before I start working with Justin and see where we go from there.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Yea, lol, I JUST 20min ago saw the other section i should have put this in while searching for a place to put my drag race thread (sport mode at the drag strip). Mods can move it by all means if they'd like :)

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Great idea Sourskittle, I've moved it and stuck it for you.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10

Got some really good logs tonight on E45/E50 with the cobb stg3 93oct ots tune.

Two full 1500-7000rpm 4th + some 5th gear pulls at 80degrees (11:45pm ).

And some 3rd gear pulls in the heat of the day-ish around 87-89 degrees (6pm I think).

Should have them up tomorrow :)

I'm interested to see if it kept the coolant temps any lower... Among other things.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
New logs with E40/E45 up.

Looks like we suffer from the same "too much boost too fast" issue the fost has. Maybe that is why Ford built lag into a lag-less turbo...

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Mine doesn't do that with even E50, also that tiny dip you have isn't even close to what the FoST's do.

Mine is 2190-2240ish from 2200rpm to 7000rpm.

Are you actually tuned for that Ethanol content or running just a gasoline staged map still?

Did you also log fuel trims too? I bet you have a sharp fuel addition right there because you are off target.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
My car also is not stock. My turbo spools up faster for more than one reason.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
My car also is not stock. My turbo spools up faster for more than one reason.
I have logs of E40 on a catless turbo back exhaust, FMIC and intake car that never drops under 2200psi HPFP.

I would urge you to run a tune for Ethanol. I bet your fuel trims are doing the hard work right now, which could lead to a quick little pressure blip like you are seeing.

If you like, and you have ATR, you can try out my base and see if that helps.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
I don't have ATR YET. I'm saving money for it ( sad, I know, "cheaper to keep-her" guys, lol.

Man. I'd like to see that log.

I'd like to see boost vs rpm of it too, but mostly to see how its acts and the timing it runs.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
So are we going to run out of fuel pressure because the mechanic HPFP can't keep up with a upgraded turbo?
Have a look at the two ATP charts for the Garrett turbos. Even though boost pressure is not specified it looks to me like "boost rise" is being managed, specially the 2860. Torque control?, HPFP?. I like to know.

Slide2.JPG

Slide1.JPG

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
A bigger turbo would make it less of a fuel issue down low due to the slightly increased lag.

Alright, I posted my logs on the other forum, but since this topic is getting more traffic I'll post all the ones i've collected so far:

http://www.datazap.me/u/ryst/815-pulls?log=0&data=8
Log 12 and 13 are partial 4th gear pulls, and 14 is a full 3rd gear pull - 75 degree ambient

http://www.datazap.me/u/ryst/818-pulls-2?log=1&data=5-8
http://www.datazap.me/u/ryst/818-pulls?log=1&data=8
Log 16-19 are all with 64 degree ambient temp

Car is using Cobb OTS Stage 2
Completely stock except K&N filter

In general if my pull ends sub 6000 rpm it's a 4th gear pull and if it's over 6000 rpm it's a 3rd gear pull.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
New logs with E40/E45 up
sourskittle,

See, this is exactly what I was talking about. Check out your 4th gear log here, see your STFT go +20 right where your HPFP pressure dips?

http://www.datazap.me/u/sourskittle...full-4th-gear-pulls?log=0&data=8-9-18&solo=18

If you had the proper tune for E40 your STFT wouldn't have to make such a huge drastic change to maintain target AFR and your HPFP wouldn't drop pressure.

It's like when you turn on a garden hose really fast, the pressure spikes, then dips, then regulates. If it didn't change flow that drastically, there wouldn't be the dip, just steady flow.