Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Post your datazap datalogs !!

Rhinopolis

Please evaluate. I am very concerned about the knock counts (should I be concerned?), and I went back to a previous tune file where I have not had a chance to data log, but from driving around and using AP to monitor I am not getting near the knock that I was getting here. I plan to data log agin this weekend.

2015 - Cobb FMIC plus charge pipes, Cobb Intake, Injen 3" exhaust, and pro tune.

http://datazap.me/u/rhinopolis/cobb...haust?log=0&data=2-3-4-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14

Siestarider

Quick gander, without total timing on the chart cannot tell much. Your charge air temps are rising too fast for your hardware. Assuming 3rd gear, sluggish pull. Have a pro diagnose it, that is not a happy tune.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
His CAT is probably fine, this looks like a fourth gear pull. I wouldn't be happy with that much knock though, especially considering the fact that the OAR doesn't seem to have made any adjustment with it. Did you change fuel stations or something?

Rhinopolis

No change in fuel station, and I switched to a previous tune file that appears to show less knock. I uploaded the different file on Sunday and monitored using my AP w/out doing a pull, and watching cylinder 1 there was less knock and negative correction.

I plan to Datalog this coming weekend to see if the other tune file is a better tune. I have a few files from the pro tune that I received over the summer, and if worse comes to worse I will consult the person who performed the tune. No biggie, and just wanted opinions on what might be causing the knock.

Strange thing is off the same tune and data log last month prior to the Injen 3" install, I was putting down 189 whp and 262 lb ft trq according to VD. On the above tune plus exhaust my peak whp jumped to 201 and trq to 278. The car seems to like the exhaust, and now I just need to get my tune sorted. Any other suggestions?

I'm getting throttle closures on some of my tune versions. I guess without looking at the tune, you can't tell what the limits are, causing the closures? The first log and any tune before that had fairly linear ECT Angles, but the revisions after that started having closures. I had a bad HPFP, but the E30 log and a 93oct log still show closures. Boost is high, so I'd guess that's what the ecu doesn't like.

http://datazap.me/u/ocdfist/log-93oct-base-2-82915
http://datazap.me/u/ocdfist/log-93oct-base-4-92115
http://datazap.me/u/ocdfist/log-93oct-base-4-new-hpfp-101715
http://datazap.me/u/ocdfist/log-e30-base-1-102215

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #206
The more and more the temps drop in the coming months, the more and more your closures will happen and get worse. Higher boost means higher load, higher load means its very easy to exceed the "torque to load" and/or "load to torque" tables. If your tuning yourself, its just a matter of moving those limits up a little at a time until you do not exceed those limits. But, as it gets cooler the next month, it will prob happen again and you'll have to adjust them again. Its a balance

Working with a tuner, just trying to learn from the logs. I noticed TIP Desired Max is 55 psi on the E30 tune, so that's high enough, I think? I did see that Torque Requested is never more than 295 lb-ft, and I'm right there or more, but Max Torque Allowed is 730+ lb-ft, so that's weird.

Also, I looked on here, but didn't see a definite explanation of the Air Filter Pressure value. I noticed the pressure is lower during a log with an open air box vs closed box.

haste

1000 Post Club
Did some logging using Cobb stage 2 OTS v220 tune.

Catless downpipe and pumaspeed manifold coming soon so I wanted to collect some good data for comparison.

There are 3 datalogs with this upload, datalog 4 and 6 are in the same direction and datalog 5 is the opposite direction. 4th gear pulls. Very happy with the road I found, it seems to give repeatable results, especially looking at the virtual dyno graphs.

http://datazap.me/u/haste/4th-gear-pulls?log=0&data=4-9

and a pic of vdyno:

once i get the new parts on i will datalog with Cobb stage 3 OTS v220 and then will be getting custom tuning from Randy. I'm looking forward to all this datalogging! [rockon]

Nice power numbers, but it looks like you have some knock going on. Also there your timing corrections between all your cylinders are all over the place. Maybe it's your gas? I really am a novice about this stuff, but I think it's something you should look at and talk to your tuner. Here's a pic of all 4 cylinder corrections and knock count on #1 on a log of mine. Its a tune from Adam@Tune+. I think the Denso ITV22 spark plugs I put it in helped a bit also.

Attachments

haste

1000 Post Club
Hmm, thanks for the reply. I'm running a local E-0 93 octane fuel. I'll give some other fuel a try and do a couple more logs.

haste

1000 Post Club
Nice power numbers, but it looks like you have some knock going on. Also there your timing corrections between all your cylinders are all over the place. Maybe it's your gas? I really am a novice about this stuff, but I think it's something you should look at and talk to your tuner. Here's a pic of all 4 cylinder corrections and knock count on #1 on a log of mine. Its a tune from Adam@Tune+. I think the Denso ITV22 spark plugs I put it in helped a bit also.

Your post got me thinking. I changed spark plugs but kept the same fuel and much didn't change. I went ahead and got the local Shell 93 E-10 I used to get. I have access to two very busy stations and I can usually get the same pump too, which in my mind would hopefully give me fresher and better gas.

Check out the datalogs. The first one is with new spark plugs and the 93 E-0 I had been getting, the 2nd is with Shell 93 E-10. There is amazing difference in ignition correction and knock counts.

Thanks for the heads up and as the old saying goes "The proof is in the pudding". [wrenchin]

Denso ITV22 with local 93 octane ethanol free

Denso ITV22 with Shell 93 up to 10% ethanol

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Ethanol makes a big difference in turbocharged cars, even in small amounts, that's why one of the best ways to check for fuel-related knock is adding a few gallons of E85. If your knock goes away then either you need better fuel or a softer tune and if it doesn't then you probably have another issue altogether. Obviously that's under the assumption that you're monitoring ignition correction often and knock 'suddenly' appears.

Rhinopolis

Ethanol makes a big difference in turbocharged cars, even in small amounts, that's why one of the best ways to check for fuel-related knock is adding a few gallons of E85. If your knock goes away then either you need better fuel or a softer tune and if it doesn't then you probably have another issue altogether. Obviously that's under the assumption that you're monitoring ignition correction often and knock 'suddenly' appears.
Seeing "some" knock is normal and expected though, correct? As an example, yesterday I saw a negative ignition correction and a 1/0 knock count while engine braking from a 4th gear run up to 6k rpms. This isn't datalogged, but monitored on my AP while watching cylinder 1.

While datalogging and doing a 2500 rpm WOT pull to 6500, there are no negative ignition corrections and my positive corrections all fall in line with one another without the AP registering any knock 0/0.

When I was a mx5 owner pre FiST, the tuners on Miata.net would say that seeing some knock was normal and expected, and I guess that my question boils down to what could be causing knock to register in my car or any other while engine braking?

What my AP read yesterday after I got home from a fun run

Peak Boost 25.1 psi
Cylinder 1 ignition correction -1.0/1.13
Cylinder 1 knock count 1/0
Octane Adjust Ratio -1/-1

PS: I drove the car really hard yesterday afternoon, and I hadn't recently registered any negative corrections or knock prior to running it like I did yesterday.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Seeing "some" knock is normal and expected though, correct? As an example, yesterday I saw a negative ignition correction and a 1/0 knock count while engine braking from a 4th gear run up to 6k rpms. This isn't datalogged, but monitored on my AP while watching cylinder 1.

While datalogging and doing a 2500 rpm WOT pull to 6500, there are no negative ignition corrections and my positive corrections all fall in line with one another without the AP registering any knock 0/0.

When I was a mx5 owner pre FiST, the tuners on Miata.net would say that seeing some knock was normal and expected, and I guess that my question boils down to what could be causing knock to register in my car or any other while engine braking?

What my AP read yesterday after I got home from a fun run

Peak Boost 25.1 psi
Cylinder 1 ignition correction -1.0/1.13
Cylinder 1 knock count 1/0
Octane Adjust Ratio -1/-1

PS: I drove the car really hard yesterday afternoon, and I hadn't recently registered any negative corrections or knock prior to running it like I did yesterday.
Yes, having a little knock can be considered normal. Maximum power is made at the knock threshold, so as you approach it there is always the possibility of seeing a few events. When troubleshooting/evaluating knock, there are a few things to be watching for:

-Frequency. How often is it happening?
-Intensity. How drastic are the ignition corrections that occur with it?
-Duration. Is it an isolated event or does it compound/increase?

Beyond those things, I look for any driving patterns that may be associated with it. Does it happen when transitioning through a certain load range? Does it normally only occur at a certain rpm? Are there any other similarities that can be drawn from data-collection to pinpoint a specific area that's weak in the tune or method of driving?

What you described above doesn't sound like anything to be noteworthy but it's good that you're monitoring it.

Rhinopolis

Thanks for your input and I didn't believe that I had anything to be concerned about. I ran the car again earlier (to my office where I worked for two hours, and then back home).

I was able to duplicate the negative ignition correction and knock with a 4th gear run to 6k, up shift to 5th gear, get on the gas WOT in 5th, and then engine brake in 5th down to 70 mph. Negative IC and knock were identical to what I saw yesterday.

On the return trip home I drove hard w/out engine braking from WOT runs in 4th and 5th (instead shifting in to 6th with part throttle and easing back to cruising speeds), and I registered no negative IC's or knock. Deceleration after wot while engine braking is definitely the contributing factor for whatever the reason.

I would still like to understand why this occurs on decel.

So i've occasionally been seeing IgnTiming Cyl1 go negative in the last 4 months, where before that it never went negative. This one is fairly tame as I have seen it go -3.xx before. My positive timing used to always hit +6 as well, but not anymore. I changed spark plugs, tried different gas, tried a less aggressive map from my tuner back when he originally made them for me. I still get neg timing.

Out of curiosity, I pulled a datalog into datazap. WTF is going on here? Should any of this concern me?

http://www.datazap.me/u/sabrelime/log-1461095236?log=0&data=2-5-8-9-10-11-12

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Another day, another data log. It has been a while since I have taken a data log. Gone back to running the OEM muffler on my 3" system. The noise and terrible drone were becoming too much. My peak boost pressures have a dropped a little.

Turbo : EFR 6258, Peron kit.
Intake : Custom air box with pod filter.
Exhaust : 3", 200 cell cat, OEM muffler.
Intercooler : Mishimoto J-Line

http://datazap.me/u/sekred/log-1484269134?log=0&data=4-5-11

Siestarider

Pumping more air than hybrids and at lower boost. If time worked on the graph I would have checked out some of these pulls, nice quick shifts and steep acceleration curves.