Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Potential head gasket replacement?

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
So I'm in email contact with mountune who built my engine. There are concerns that the oem head gasket cannot take the amount of boost I intend to run. I'm planning on between 34-36 psi. Does anyone know of a gasket that claims to be able to seal at this level? Most of the ones I'm seeing are copper head gaskets but can't find one for our car. I'm told an mls head gasket loses its ability to seal at about 30 psi.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So I'm in email contact with mountune who built my engine. There are concerns that the oem head gasket cannot take the amount of boost I intend to run. I'm planning on between 34-36 psi. Does anyone know of a gasket that claims to be able to seal at this level? Most of the ones I'm seeing are copper head gaskets but can't find one for our car. I'm told an mls head gasket loses its ability to seal at about 30 psi.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk
Probably worth emailing TunePlus. They are developing a Fiesta ST longblock right now and he may have some insight. I feel like Mountune, Pumaspeed, etc. haven't done a great job developing the 1.6L Built Engines. Hoping TunePlus comes out with something useable. Don't think he uses the forums anymore though. @Tune+