Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Potenza Sports on sale at Costco

For those interested in Potenza Sports but don't want to pay $220+/tire, Costco is running a sale right now for $700 for the set.. Gotta have a membership to get the discount. Considering exchanging my just mounted Firehawks and putting the Potenza Sports on but will give it a week or two to decide. FYI I run 215/45R17s and I'm pretty sure Costco requires you to have the tires mounted at a Costco tire shop so YMMV. The one I go to is run by a good team and have nothing but trust for them but every place is different.

1660047719933.png

Lays

Not quite sure where this tire falls, if grip is what you're after, RT660 is cheaper and has more grip. If you need more of an all purpose all season, there's also cheaper options that still have decent grip for cheaper as well.

Is this meant to be a half-way inbetween max grip and all season?

OP
E
Thread Starter #3
Not quite sure where this tire falls, if grip is what you're after, RT660 is cheaper and has more grip. If you need more of an all purpose all season, there's also cheaper options that still have decent grip for cheaper as well.

Is this meant to be a half-way inbetween max grip and all season?
more so threading the needle between grip and treadwear on OEM dimensions. some people here may be looking to avoid 200TW tires like the 660 and keep with the 17in rim. given that, there really aren't that many tires out there that can offer much grip without paying an arm and a leg.

i'm probably going to stay with my firehawk indy 500s but just put that out there for anyone looking.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Even if these are offered in our 205/40-17 OEM size, do we know if they have that same ultra stiff side wall, "razor sharp/race tire" turn-in response that everyone rants and raves about regarding the coveted factory summer 050s?? [dunno]

If not, then they are just another 300 tread wear summer option for OEM replacement, like the Yok Flevas, etc. (which I guess is also always welcome). [wink]