Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Potholes and tire damage

Dpro

6000 Post Club
No. Neither the DW06 nor the ECS02 is available in 205/40R17. They do come in 205/45R17, which is 3/4" taller.
yA Iam running them on Dekagrams as SoCal winter tires 205/45/16as they are stamped as being dry wet tires by Continental and if anyone wants to argue this claim it states on Contientals website stamped for,optimal dry/ wet performange when stamp is worn out no longer optimal.

Last edited:
Well, another weekend of rain and potholes, another tire with sidewall bubble. This time I don't recall even hitting any potholes - tried my best to avoid them since I've had such bad luck.

Tire is Michelin Pilot All Season 4+. I've literally had 3 of these same tires develop sidewall bulging from most likely potholes big and small.

Thinking it's time to try a different tire.
Given their XL rating (i.e.; stronger/stiffer side walls) in the OEM size, I am very surprised at the bubbling side walls.
But then again, that 205/40 profile makes the proverbial 'rubber band' look thick by comparison.

Maybe Bib's quality is going downhill lately, in spite of their exorbitant pricing. [dunno]
Makes me glad that I gave up on trying to get their, (Europe/rest of world ONLY) PS5 in a 215/40-17. [wink]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Yes, AGREED, now petition Conti to manufacture and release them in more sizes we can use! [mad]
Or buy a different car? 😂 Ya it sucks and ya I am actually buying a different car because of this and other things that have developed with our dead platform ( Thank You Ford🤬)
Love this car but after 6 years the handwriting is kinda on the wall for me as for using it as a daily driver. Whether or not it will stick around as backup or just second fun car remains to be seen. Right offer comes along I might just let someone else enjoy it.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Yes, but not everyone has the $50K+ at hand to get into a GRC or CTR right now, let alone anything even more co$tly than those options. [:(]
Actually one can get into a GRC sub 46k all day long Cores come in under that . There are Cores for sale with the Performance pack now for $38k and Premums for $42k all day long . Mainly Blue Flame Circuits are popping at 50k+ now. CTR’s well ya I would not touch one of those😂 anyways.

To some, $38K to $42K is merely 'chump pocket change', to others, including those retired on somewhat fixed incomes, without huge dividend paying investments, it is not eating, or being able to pay medical bills/co-pays/deductibles for most of the year. [wink]

In any case, even the mostly ridiculously co$tly tires are nowhere near the burden of a new car payment, let alone the full cost on the barrelhead of one of the above rides.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
To some, $38K to $42K is merely 'chump pocket change', to others, including those retired on somewhat fixed incomes, without huge dividend paying investments, it is not eating, or being able to pay medical bills/co-pays/deductibles for most of the year. [wink]

In any case, even the mostly ridiculously co$tly tires are nowhere near the burden of a new car payment, let alone the full cost on the barrelhead of one of the above rides.
I get that but the prices I mentioned to set the record straight were considerably less than your original claims. It is a big deal that they are less regardless of if you can afford it or not.

You are trying to lump people into one group with comments of dividend payments and chump pocket change . You make it sound like only the ultra rich are buying them which is absolutely hilarious it also comes off a bit resentful .
The spectrum of owners for GR‘s actually casts its net more towards. mid income owners and a lot of only car car owners. . Ya Tires are cheaper if you can find them😂 Sorry but the FiST is the worst example of trying to save money by buying tires. Tires for FiST’s are actually more expensive than a lot of tires in 17 and 18. 😂