Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Powerflex RMM bushing

I installed the Powerflex RMM LARGE bushing set, the yellow ones. Happy with results, cost effective I believe. The bushings where placed in my stock RMM. But I could not fit the (2) large metal washers included in the kit because they made the new assembly wider than the inside width of the body mount . My trusty digital calipers say the washers make the bushing assembly .19" wider than the inside dimension of the body mount. I assume the washers are meant to sandwich and support the poly bushings. The Powerflex metal sleeve is the same width as the stock RMM large end, I used the Powerflex sleeve. The assembly with the new bushings fit nice and snug in the RMM body mount. Powerflex USA was made aware but could offer an answer. After a month the bushings are in place and performing well. Minimal wheel hop with NO change in engine harmonics. I would like to hear from others regarding their experience with this install in a STOCK Ford RMM. 20190916_153437.jpg 20190916_153601.jpg 20190916_153636.jpg

Flaco

2000 Post Club
I installed the Powerflex yellows also and had the same issue. I forced the mount in place with the washers one on each side of the bushing with some taps from a hammer. The big washer I think transferred vibes threw the frame. Which annoyed me. I took out the washers and no more vibes, just as you've shown in your first picture.

felopr

i installed both the powerflex bushing (the big and the small ones) on the stock rmm, is the same as you said about the harmonics, i have a 2015 and i have to used the washers.

OP
jdcar32
Thread Starter #4
still wonder why Powerflex engineered the set up with washers, and what they think about not using them...................

felopr

still wonder why Powerflex engineered the set up with washers, and what they think about not using them...................
you could always email them and ask. they respond

OP
jdcar32
Thread Starter #6
I actually did, corresponded a couple of times with USA tech, sent the dimensional pictures and description. The tech guy said he would forward my information ( England ? ). I was not in a position under the car to force the assembly but 3/16' seems like too much to force any way. As I mentioned, I do recommend the product...