Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Powerflex RMM large bushing installed!

Just a little update. I have been trying for the past month to help another forum member out by removing the bushing on my old 2015 mount. It seems that Ford has used a different bushing or sleeve material because it has been a true nightmare trying to get this bushing out. Apart from melting this thing to oblivion with an acetylene torch i have used hammers, a file, cut off wheels, 12 and 24 ton presses....still wants to hold to the billet aluminum mount by some god like force. This is one tough bushing and sleeve.

If you plan on this mod try to find a 2014 mount since it came out as easy as could be. The 2015's are like glued into it or something.
Good tip! Sucks to be the guinea pig but that's great info for the rest of us

OP
kevinatfms

kevinatfms

Thread Starter #22
Well, 13000 miles just passed by a few days ago. Everything still in great shape and quiet. NVH is still at stock levels. Bushing looks good with no abnormal wear or tears.

Based on this thread I've gotten a Powerflex big bushing as well. Planning on getting it changed soon.

I have a 2014 so I don't think I'll have the troubles getting the old bushing out.

I just installed a COBB RMM a couple hours ago and I can't understand the complaints. I can hardly tell it's there...and I'm the kind of person that feels little changes. I could feel it just a bit at idle. Reading the issues with the A/C on I turned it on and off at idle on the initial drive and I felt a bit of NVH just for a moment as the ECU moved the car through about 1100 RPM. But in our cold temps idle with the A/C was much lower and I could still barely feel anything shakier at idle and the ECU only hit that 1100 RPM point once even though I turned it on and off a number of times.

Beyond that, I didn't notice much improvement in throttle response either. A little less sloppy. I can't complain since it took very little work to install, but I'm not sure it's worth the money, frankly. More driving time will tell.