Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pre Order or Off The Showroom Floor

Did you pre order or just show up and purchase from dealer

• Pre Order

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • Off Showroom Floor

Votes: 41 59.4%

• Total voters
I voted pre order just bc I think it's better to be able to order what you want. For me though I went off the lot,I needed a car bc I was without one for 7 months and it was time for one. There was actually quite a lot of them around my area and in there "off dealership lot". So I just picked my top color choice [deviltail] and decided to go All Options and treat myself. No regrets.

[twothumb] [perfect10] [lovest]

-ry

I considered pre-ordering, but they had plenty on local lots that were pretty much already set up the way I wanted. (The only thing I had to compromise on was the color of the Recaros. I think I would have gone w/ the orange instead of the gray.) Plus, to take advantage of the 0% financing I had to take delivery from dealer stock.

Got mine off the lot. Had to buy a car that weekend as my Jeep developed serious electrical problems and it was my company car. I traveled every week 6000+ miles and needed to trade it in asap as it started dying on me randomly on the highway...no electrics or hydraulics. Scary business. Tested a WRX and a FoST. Hated the FoST due to seats and the weight of it. Didn't want to spend 30+ grand either.

As I was leaving the dealership he mentioned he had a FiST on the lot (Tux black, moonroof, Rados, no Recaro package sadly) so I took it for a test drive and bought it with 17 miles on it. Wish I had Recaros but oh well...gonna get some aftermarket eventually. Ford wants 4000 for them msrp....shocking!

airjor13

2000 Post Club
My first choice was to grab an Ox-white at another dealership, but I didn't want to deal with the idiots because they insisted I drive a Fiesta Titanium because it was the "same" and wouldn't let me drive the FiST [???:)]

I laughed my way out of that dealership and went down the road to buy mine in Tux Black instead.

My wife and I are moving to Show Low, AZ. It just happened that the local dealer had one exactly like I wanted, so I bought it. We haven't moved yet, but they delivered the car to our current house, 230 miles away.

Mine was a pre order. My dealer knew nothing about the ST Fiestas, so for a small town Ford dealer to pull one of these suckers in created all sorts of interest :)
At the end of the day, 17kms on the clock and a turbo charged butt kick was worth the wait :)
JL
In Australia it's hard to get one off the showroom floor, It took me 3 months just to be able to test drive one. Then the only performance blue one I could get had 251km on it and I'm sure they wouldn't have been 251 easy k's lol. So I opted to order one and I'm still waiting 2 months later, but I know it will be worth it.

Bought mine off the showroom floor, I'm going to wager it had been there for a while. I bought it July 20th and the build date on the door is 11/13. But I got $2500 of the sticker price lol

Pre-Ordered

The one they had at the dealer had the optional nav, wheels and sunroof... plus a ton of KM's, and it was plasti-dipped. ************* that....

Purists want the moonroof gone to get the lower centre of gravity... am I right?

EDIT: What gives with the censoring, I can say f-u-c-k on an adult site?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Pre-Ordered

The one they had at the dealer had the optional nav, wheels and sunroof... plus a ton of KM's, and it was plasti-dipped. ************************************************* that....

Purists want the moonroof gone to get the lower centre of gravity... am I right?

EDIT: What gives with the censoring, I can say f-u-c-k on an adult site?
Nature of the Beast I guess we paid for that feature in the software so we may as well use it and let everyone get creative ;)

Personally I like having the sunroof, although you are right about automotive purists who might not want the sunroof. But for me considering it is my daily and occasionally will track car, I made the sacrifice.

Since I didn't custom order, I chose what the dealer had on the lot, for the PB which I wanted it had the Sunroof. They had a TB ST which didn't have it but I don't want a black car. But to each their own. All that matters is we all love are cars right! [raceflag]

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I pre-ordered for a number of reasons. 1) I did want a car that has been sitting around collecting paint damage on the lot. 2) Working at a dealership when I was in high school, I know what happens to fun cars in the hands of salesmen, test drivers, techs, and anyone else who has access to the keys. 3) Almost no dealer has a ST with the Recaro's as the only option. Dealers tend to leave off the Recaro option, or add every option possible. Trying to find the right combo was hard. Of all my new cars, I ordered all of them special. I have never purchased a new car off the lot. The waiting sucks big time, but worth it to get exactly what I want and make sure it wasn't abused.

I took one off the lot. It does worry me slightly that the techs and salesman had gotten to drive it but actually I had test driven this exact car twice myself so [driving][burnout]

I would have really really liked to order one with no moonroof and its the one thing about the car I don't like, but on the other hand I never would have ordered the Nav but I'm glad I have it.

A bit of backstory..
This past Christmas I was on the West Coast visiting my sister in LA and while she was at work during the day, I was out and about with a friend I had from Texas, who moved out there recently and bought a FiST. It was one of those "sat in the car and it just felt.. RIGHT." I've been wanting one ever since, and finances finally lined up so I had been looking for about 3 weeks. At first I wanted new, but that meant a lengthy wait and the local (Virginia Beach) dealership kept pushing the Focus ST on me new and would do a used dealer trade, but that wouldn't come with any discounts:(
With my mind made up for used, I searched CARMAX. They had 3 available nationally and I went for the one in Kentucky that was Molten Orange with matching Recaro's, moonroof, and nav. It also came with a $400 transfer fee, but whatever! wait a week and a half, go to pick it up with check in hand and it has an open recall on the gas tank so they couldn't sell me the car -They were willing to refund my transfer $ though.. That night at work I'm checking Cars.com and Cargurus, and come upon a PB FiST in NoVA with 8k mi and all the options with grey Recaro's on Tuesday, called on Wednesday, bank stuff on Thursday, and picked the car up on Friday. It's been the most fun since then, and it's nice getting high 30's mpg instead of 11-14 in my other car:)