Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Prototype turbo inlet pipe

it very well could have been my personal error too and i may have broken it installing the boomba spacer. still the design looks like its adding a lot of stress to the fitting that could have been avoided if the fitting was in a different spot on the elbow OR the elbow itself made of a stronger material. Makes me wonder how long we have been driving the car like that for...

tried to plastic weld the old one back together for the time being until the new one came in...after being a huge PITA trying to get it bolted back on, i put the vacuum line back on it and all was good. as i was putting the injen intake coupler back on heard a click and yep it broke again... [rant]

FistSt215

I'm a surprised that a lot of companies making intakes for the fist that don't offer a TIP with it. Had a 12 speed3 before the Gti and fist and their intakes offered turbo inlet pipe. I'm glad to see that this could be in the works . Keep up the good work and looking forward for good results .

I'm a surprised that a lot of companies making intakes for the fist that don't offer a TIP with it. Had a 12 speed3 before the Gti and fist and their intakes offered turbo inlet pipe. I'm glad to see that this could be in the works . Keep up the good work and looking forward for good results .
The stock pipe outlet is the same size as our stock turbo inlet, so making it bigger wouldn't have any benefit unless your turbo inlet is ported to a bigger size (Like the ones that SourSkittle is modifying)

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #107
Gonna' send you the $120 we agreed upon for the turbo inlet today.
I sold all those. Its going to be a couple weeks before more are built. The list was made, they guys one it paid, when you got upset about the time table and never responded, I sold the one your spot occupied.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #109
The stock pipe outlet is the same size as our stock turbo inlet, so making it bigger wouldn't have any benefit unless your turbo inlet is ported to a bigger size (Like the ones that SourSkittle is modifying)
I guess we shouldn't have a MAF that's larger than 35mm or cold air intakes that are bigger than 35mm either... It all has to goto the 35mm stock turbo inlet, so what the point of having less restriction upto that point?

I think the bigger question is... Why make from the inlet to the air filter huge, when the inlet is the smallest piece of the puzzle, besides the actual compressor wheel inlet. Not only is the stock inlet 35mm, its a 90* angle at 35mm. The only good thing about the inlet at all is that it tappers from 2.5" to 35mm nicely. But that's not saying much.

But... That's my theory and opinion on the subject. If you don't want it, I understand, I'm not building or buying them in groups of 50.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #110
Wow! What a terrible way to do business!
Weird... Dave and everyone else sent their money in over a week ago ( at the same time you complained about a time line ). They have their inlets. You didn't pay, you don't...

That's funny, because when I contacted you over a week ago, inquiring as to where to send the payment, you told me you had already sold mine! Despite the fact I was one of the first five to sign up for one (@ $120)! You also stated if I still wanted one, I'd have to pay $150. Really, I don't have a problem paying $150 for the turbo inlet. I do, however, have a problem with being lied to. You asked for people to sign up to purchase the turbo inlet, guaranteeing the first five who signed up would get the turbo inlet for a price of $120. I was #3 on the list! When I contacted you (over a week ago) to inquire as to the status of the turbo inlets and where I might send my payment, you explained to me you had already sold all of them! You also explained if I still wanted one, I'd have to now pay $150!

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #112
Post # 67 in this thread is the last i had heard from you. I posted difectly below it apologizing for the delay, and if you had already paided, I would refund your money. You had not payed. You did not pay, and unless you have something I'm forgetting, I haven't PM'd, talked, or texted anything with you since you posted on Oct 6th.

If I had gotten any type of response from you about the inlet and your interest in it, I would have saved that piece for you. If you PM'd me and said, "hey, I'm short on cash for the next 10 days", I would have said, " no problem, I'll save it for you unless I don't hear from you in the next two weeks". None of those things happened. You posted, complained, I offered you a refund if you had paided already, and you disappeared for 10 days. How long was I supposed to wait when I had other guys in need of this piece ? I still don't have one on my own car because people keep buying them.

But, to be a good sport about it... I'll sell you one for $120 ( I'll personally eat the $30, since a 3rd party builds them, not me ). But it will be a matter of weeks ( 2 would be a goal, 3 would be longer than I'd hoped ), not days before its shipped and I'd need you to pre-pay now.

Other than that, I'm sorry we both seem to have dropped the ball on communicating, and if you'd contacted me in the last 10 days, I am un-aware of it.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #113
Just double checked my inbox this is my messages from 10/6/2014 and your name isn't in there anywhere at all.

Maybe you sent a PM and it didn't go through? Sorry, I haven't heard anything from you in 10days.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #116
Thanx Tim. Your #1 on my list for the new batch and I'll make sure to keep you updated on the progress as we go :)

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #118
Thanks Bryan! No hard feelings! :)

Didn't want you think i forgot ya buddy. I'm going to try and get this out to you Monday or Tue at the latest. I still have to buy some studs for you from Ace :)

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #120
Yes sir. Make sure you have some time and maybe 1 bud light platinum standing by. I did my inlet with the turbo on the car. The stock one comes out easy enough, but the new one, due to its big head/size is a little tough to work around. You can do it. It just takes some patience. The nuts it uses are 10mm. The stock bolts are 5/16.