Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Proud new owner of a OW 2015 FiST!

Sithride

Cheers
First off, I want to say how influential this forum has been in my pre car purchase research. This has to be the most respectful and friendly forum I've seen to date. As a 39 year old father, it's good to see some good discussion and passion for these wonderful engineering marvels called cars!
So, this is my first Ford. Never did I think I would ever utter those words. Quick rundown in order since I was 18 years old, 1965 Malibu SS, 1994 Acura Integra, 1999 Camaro Z28,BMW 330i, Acura RSX Type S, Honda S2000, VW GTI, Honda Prelude, Subaru WRX, and Honda Fit. All these cars were a joy to own and each had endearing characteristics. I will say this, the 2006 Honda S2000 was hands down the most enjoyable car I've ever owned. A growing family and the S2 was gone for the practical GTI. I guess this where I really started to appreciate hot hatches.
Fast forward a few years. My plan was to keep my Honda Fit as my daily in hopes of getting another S2. But after a couple years of commuting in the Fit, I couldn't help but get antsy. I really missed the sporty nature of some of my previous cars. Not taking anything away from the Fit, it was a great car and did what is was made to do perfectly.
This is when I started my research. Was there a car out there that got great gas mileage, practical, manual, and quick, with out being overstated. The more I read, the more reviews came back pointing me towards the ST. The Top Gear guys, Matt Farrah, EVO, and Chris Harris all luv the car. And of course, once I test drove one it was over. I guess there is really not much more to say but echo what many have said before. This car makes me smile everyday I wake up and drive it. I thinks it's awesome that there are hardly any around, and it almost feels like nobody has any idea how great this little car is and how capable it really is! The sleeper aspects of this car are really charming! Kudos to Ford, you've built a great little car!

OP
Sithride

Sithride

Thread Starter #9
Congrats from fellow OW 2015 FiST owner. any plans for mods at some point like the AP or RMM?
Thanks man! Right off the bat I ordered a Cobb white shift knob, Perrin Shorty antenna, and Yellow Fog Films. Gonna stick to just appearance upgrades for now. OZ wheels and Rally Armours next on the want list!

Cheers
First off, I want to say how influential this forum has been in my pre car purchase research. This has to be the most respectful and friendly forum I've seen to date. As a 39 year old father, it's good to see some good discussion and passion for these wonderful engineering marvels called cars!
So, this is my first Ford. Never did I think I would ever utter those words. Quick rundown in order since I was 18 years old, 1965 Malibu SS, 1994 Acura Integra, 1999 Camaro Z28,BMW 330i, Acura RSX Type S, Honda S2000, VW GTI, Honda Prelude, Subaru WRX, and Honda Fit. All these cars were a joy to own and each had endearing characteristics. I will say this, the 2006 Honda S2000 was hands down the most enjoyable car I've ever owned. A growing family and the S2 was gone for the practical GTI. I guess this where I really started to appreciate hot hatches.
Fast forward a few years. My plan was to keep my Honda Fit as my daily in hopes of getting another S2. But after a couple years of commuting in the Fit, I couldn't help but get antsy. I really missed the sporty nature of some of my previous cars. Not taking anything away from the Fit, it was a great car and did what is was made to do perfectly.
This is when I started my research. Was there a car out there that got great gas mileage, practical, manual, and quick, with out being overstated. The more I read, the more reviews came back pointing me towards the ST. The Top Gear guys, Matt Farrah, EVO, and Chris Harris all luv the car. And of course, once I test drove one it was over. I guess there is really not much more to say but echo what many have said before. This car makes me smile everyday I wake up and drive it. I thinks it's awesome that there are hardly any around, and it almost feels like nobody has any idea how great this little car is and how capable it really is! The sleeper aspects of this car are really charming! Kudos to Ford, you've built a great little car!
Hello and welcome, what exactly does ow stands for? Also my story goes like it was my first car, I previously drove a focus Ghia sedan A/T 1.6 NA. Nothing to comment there. Knew about the fiesta and it was in my shortlist for the next 7-8 years when the prices would fall, to buy a second hand. I was interested in mk1&2 focus rs, Honda s2k, 911(996), e46 m3 and then... Went to a car exhibition, there it stood a race red st1 with a price tag of ?18000, next day, I went to the dealership, booked for a test drive and talked with the salesman, test drove it after two days, returned to the dealership next week and made the order( PB ST3). Since the first time I layed eyes on till for months later when it arrived I couldn't sleep or concentrate at anything. My mind was always busy thinking of the FiST.. Positively made the right choice [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]