Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Hey everyone! I just want to give a heads up that there are x47r copies out there. I purchased one from a forum member and the turbo turns out to be some sort of copy, fake or rebuilt. Regardless, I installed it and the car spat out thick white smoke out of the exhaust. Pwnall is gonna sort it out for me so I hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The turbo I got looked like this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Wow . DV+ now this.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Wow . DV+ now this.

It's very likely that my 1200 bucks went down the drain. So tough to swallow. I was about to buy an x47r from Pwnall but this turbo showed up instead and I pulled the trigger. Ruined my day for sure. Now I have to go back and reinstall my damn stock turbo again haha.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's very likely that my 1200 bucks went down the drain. So tough to swallow. I was about to buy an x47r from Pwnall but this turbo showed up instead and I pulled the trigger. Ruined my day for sure. Now I have to go back and reinstall my damn stock turbo again haha.

How do we know it's an imposter?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Dude is trying to help you out. maybe just something good will come out of this for you. I remember top fuel guys crying about broken parts, if you can believe that. beware of the guy that wants to get rid of his fine ass wife. all is not what it seems.
Ohhh I ended up with the clap on this one.. Fortunately there is a cure and I’m not sitting around waiting for a flare up like [MENTION=1015]shouldbeasy[/MENTION]. I gambled and lost. It happens. I knew the risk so I’m indeed, not butt hurt haha! I’m simply sharing my experience like everyone else, good or bad. Tim has been extremely helpful and he didn’t have too. I appreciate that.

How do we know it's an imposter?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Well, I contacted Pwnall and he said the normal x47r's are painted black on the compressor housing. It may be a rebuilt turbo that turned out to be a dud. I have no word from PumaSpeed as of yet.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Well, I contacted Pwnall and he said the normal x47r's are painted black on the compressor housing. It may be a rebuilt turbo that turned out to be a dud. I have no word from PumaSpeed as of yet.

Where did you buy from?

slopoke

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there supposed to be a small box on the compressor housing, located at the diverter valve area? It's missing on the supposed counterfeit version. Plus I'm assuming that the data plate not being there is also a good indicator of a fake.

pwnall1337

Vendor
Hey everyone! I just want to give a heads up that there are x47r copies out there. I purchased one from a forum member and the turbo turns out to be some sort of copy, fake or rebuilt. Regardless, I installed it and the car spat out thick white smoke out of the exhaust. Pwnall is gonna sort it out for me so I hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The turbo I got looked like this.

Heya,

This could be a legitimate x47r with out compressor cover painted, all ones I sell are painted, not sure if they even do x47r's that are unpainted anymore but it could be one of the original units. I've asked Jason to email you.

pwnall1337

Vendor
I thought the cerakote was optional?

It's an option, but all inventory of x47r's are painted black. To my knowledge the unpainted ones are not stocked or haven't been stocked in over a year. If you wanted it a custom one-off I'm sure they would do it for you, but I found out this unit was sold from one user to another user to another user, so it's impossible to know the history behind it. For anyone looking to purchase an x47r I would lean towards buying new. I keep seeing people buying them 2nd hand and having issues, where I've sold tons of these units and not had a single failure to date except one that was dead out of the box (built at 5pm on a friday :p). It's just impossible to know the history of the turbo or how it was taken care of, or if it was installed incorrectly etc. Same as buying any other part that relies on lubrication to maintain it.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Ohhh I ended up with the clap on this one.. Fortunately there is a cure and I’m not sitting around waiting for a flare up like [MENTION=1015]shouldbeasy[/MENTION]. I gambled and lost. It happens. I knew the risk so I’m indeed, not butt hurt haha! I’m simply sharing my experience like everyone else, good or bad. Tim has been extremely helpful and he didn’t have too. I appreciate that.
Flare up?

You meaning the M2 option? Shit is kinda frustrating but I want to cover my hideous fenders...

Just don’t trash Pumaspeed when you buy used. You don’t know 100% the condition of the turbo or, as it would seem there are imposters, if it’s actually their product.

Shit, don’t trash any company unless you buy direct from them... good to hear you’re getting it sorted! Just in time for spring.

Last edited:

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Pumaspeed covered my X47 failure under warranty. It turns out, everything I've read about shitty customer support is 100% false. Jason was a pleasure to work with and his response was super quick. I was misguided by the internet ha! Go figure.

Pwnall Performance and Pumaspeed went out of their way to take care of me. Pumaspeed installed and setup a new 11psi WGA on the X47 as well!! Apparently the "custom" Tune+ WGA was 16~17psi and not recommended.

They didn't specify what caused the turbo to fail.. Frankly, I don't care. It doesn't matter. I'm just thankful we have enthusiastic companies like this providing us with exceptional customer service and more fun in the seat. It's a good time to own a modified Fiesta ST.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Flare up?

You meaning the M2 option? Shit is kinda frustrating but I want to cover my hideous fenders...

Just don’t trash Pumaspeed when you buy used. You don’t know 100% the condition of the turbo or, as it would seem there are imposters, if it’s actually their product.

Shit, don’t trash any company unless you buy direct from them... good to hear you’re getting it sorted! Just in time for spring.
Cool opinion! I respect it

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Pumaspeed covered my X47 failure under warranty. It turns out, everything I've read about shitty customer support is 100% false. Jason was a pleasure to work with and his response was super quick. I was misguided by the internet ha! Go figure.

Pwnall Performance and Pumaspeed went out of their way to take care of me. Pumaspeed installed and setup a new 11psi WGA on the X47 as well!! Apparently the "custom" Tune+ WGA was 16~17psi and not recommended.

They didn't specify what caused the turbo to fail.. Frankly, I don't care. It doesn't matter. I'm just thankful we have enthusiastic companies like this providing us with exceptional customer service and more fun in the seat. It's a good time to own a modified Fiesta ST.

That 17psi spring is a killer on these turbos I think... Good to hear it's sorted and behind you.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
It seems I'm looking at $590 CAD locally for a rebuild if the shaft and impellers are good - fingers crossed... doesn't make any turbo noise (rattling etc) so I'm hopeful that seals and bearings can be replaced and I'll be good to go again.