Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Other option is have pumaspeed send you the parts that you think would be needed and have a local shop do the work. This way they can keep their super secret information intact.
They won't sell parts.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
So... who wants to contribute to tearing down my broken turbo and determining what the bearing specs are so we can buy parts for them? [emoji848]

I’ve got it in the box but haven’t gone to the post office yet.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
So... who wants to contribute to tearing down my broken turbo and determining what the bearing specs are so we can buy parts for them? [emoji848]

I’ve got it in the box but haven’t gone to the post office yet.
Dude do you even see my posts

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Those who bought a pumaspeed are trapped like Rodentia sometimes more often than others...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
Those who bought a pumaspeed are trapped like Rodentia sometimes more often than others...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Maaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn I really like you but boy do you hate Pumaspeed! You are the ultimate troll but you're the still the man in my book!

Remember, Pumaspeed failure rate is very small...maybe a couple dozen out of 1,000+...that's 2%. 98% is pretty good!!!!

Typhoon FTW....get me that T-shirt!!!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Jeff that's why I said more often than others! It goes on sale June 27th...just maybe Jeff one will show up in your mail box!

Maaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn I really like you but boy do you hate Pumaspeed! You are the ultimate troll but you're the still the man in my book!

Remember, Pumaspeed failure rate is very small...maybe a couple dozen out of 1,000+...that's 2%. 98% is pretty good!!!!

A couple dozen? No. They’ve had a couple dozen fail just in the US. They’re on their fourth US vendor because of the high failure rate, and you don’t see him on here pushing the x47r either anymore. Laird performance in the UK just dropped them after 4 failed in a single month that he sold. They’ve been called out continuously on fiesta st owners UK page lately. Their failure rate is far greater than 2%.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

A couple dozen? No. They’ve had a couple dozen fail just in the US. They’re on their fourth US vendor because of the high failure rate, and you don’t see him on here pushing the x47r either anymore. Laird performance in the UK just dropped them after 4 failed in a single month that he sold. They’ve been called out continuously on fiesta st owners UK page lately. Their failure rate is far greater than 2%.
Not to mention they have only sold 500, not “1,000+”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
Perhaps I am wrong, ignorance is bliss....just hard to weed through all the Puma haters when some like you have genuine reason while others have merely jumped onto a new and more spectacular bandwagon. I'm sorry for what you went through, I read your story, that truly sucks.

Jeff we will get you on the Garrett band wagon sooner or later! [giggle]
If I wanted that late spool I'd have bought a Golf R!!!! But Aaron you can do no wrong in my book! And hey thanks again for those boogey boards, my kids enjoyed them thoroughly at the beach a few weeks ago!!!!!!!

For what it’s worth Jeff, I don’t hate Puma at all. I looked at the x57 as a real option after my rt330, but seeing them make the same design mistakes that Revo did, and hearing that multiple test units already failed steered me away from that. They did great work with the x47, no doubt, but the just refuse to acknowledge their high seal failure rate for the x47r. I follow the UK forums and pages as much as the US ones, it’s a constant issue.

QUOTE="jeff, post: 356344, member: 3723"]Perhaps I am wrong, ignorance is bliss....just hard to weed through all the Puma haters when some like you have genuine reason while others have merely jumped onto a new and more spectacular bandwagon. I'm sorry for what you went through, I read your story, that truly sucks.

If I wanted that late spool I'd have bought a Golf R!!!! But Aaron you can do no wrong in my book! And hey thanks again for those boogey boards, my kids enjoyed them thoroughly at the beach a few weeks ago!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
So... Any takers on this? I'm thinking of getting a 'group buy' together so I can source the money to pay for the core on its own and then I can buy bearings to sell for those who signed up and then when they're released I won't care about having the information available to everyone. I just don't want to get stuck paying for the core while others can source the bearings cheaply with that information... I'm still looking for my money tree.

In addition to this, I had considered taking the turbo to the local turbo rebuilders who could tell me the specs on the oil seals and whatever else may be needed for the rebuild that I'm currently not aware of (if the impellers and shafts are in good condition). Setting preload is another issue entirely, we can cross that bridge when we get there.

Siestarider

I am not following your train of thought here.

Tried to ship mine via DHL like it came to me and they want $276. FedX wanted over $300. Ouch!

Tried to get PUMA to send me a shipping label, they have ignored the request but I am trying again.

I am all for a way out of this trap.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I am not following your train of thought here.

Tried to ship mine via DHL like it came to me and they want $276. FedX wanted over $300. Ouch!

Tried to get PUMA to send me a shipping label, they have ignored the request but I am trying again.

I am all for a way out of this trap.
I take blown turbo apart - bearings have markings on them indicating what they are - manufacturer ID's etc. We take those, buy bearings wherever we want. If I can't determine the specifications of a consumable item then I involve the local turbo rebuild shop who can positively identify the item.

Then 'we' have the ability to rebuild these turbos without sending them overseas.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I take blown turbo apart - bearings have markings on them indicating what they are - manufacturer ID's etc. We take those, buy bearings wherever we want. If I can't determine the specifications of a consumable item then I involve the local turbo rebuild shop who can positively identify the item.

Then 'we' have the ability to rebuild these turbos without sending them overseas.
So what are you asking for from the rest of us? I have a X-47R and would like to have a domestic source for a rebuild if I need it. Also, given that Pwnall is the US rep. for Puma, I wonder if he'd like to participate in this; one of his "buy from me, no international shipping."