Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
So what are you asking for from the rest of us? I have a X-47R and would like to have a domestic source for a rebuild if I need it. Also, given that Pwnall is the US rep. for Puma, I wonder if he'd like to participate in this; one of his "buy from me, no international shipping."
Well, I don’t want to be stuck holding the pot, so to speak, as the individual paying for the core but not returning it.

I’ve got $450 or so tied up in the core. If I tear it down I’m not sure Pumaspeed will take it back and then I’ve got an expensive paperweight.

If there is a group effort to come up with so,w money to reduce the cost on my end, I’ll gladly tear it down to see what’s inside.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
If there is a group effort to come up with so,w money to reduce the cost on my end, I’ll gladly tear it down to see what’s inside.
I think that I'd rather see a turbo shop break into one. I suspect that it's a Franken-core with a bunch of mix-matched parts and nothing custom other than machining. I'd like to hear an assessment from someone that stares at turbos all day long. I think that @Morton1 had a line on a shop in Texas. Any update?

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I think that I'd rather see a turbo shop break into one. I suspect that it's a Franken-core with a bunch of mix-matched parts and nothing custom other than machining. I'd like to hear an assessment from someone that stares at turbos all day long. I think that @Morton1 had a line on a shop in Texas. Any update?
Which isn't unreasonable - just adds additional costs. And custom machinging is... well, custom. I'm hoping that the shaft is the only custom machined item and everything else is just off the shelf parts. An oil seal of now different diameter than stock, a bearing package that's perhaps a bit different from stock.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I'll chip in $100. My turbo is currently fine but this could help the community (and possibly myself in the future).
Very generous! I was thinking of going for half that! I'm basically in for $80 myself which would be the cost of shipping the unit back (so I save that and put it in to 'buying' the core).

Hey guys, Ive had an x37 installed in my fiesta for a month or so now... just curious would upgrading to an x47r be a noticeable power gain or would you say it isnt worth it? Also would I need a retune if I have an x37 flash from tuneplus?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey guys, Ive had an x37 installed in my fiesta for a month or so now... just curious would upgrading to an x47r be a noticeable power gain or would you say it isnt worth it? Also would I need a retune if I have an x37 flash from tuneplus?
Yes a re-tune would be in order....powerband is moved up more along the lines of 300hp+...then running out of fuel starts to happen. A little more lag....but not much.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Yes a re-tune would be in order....powerband is moved up more along the lines of 300hp+...then running out of fuel starts to happen. A little more lag....but not much.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Ahh ok, so the car would have another 30-50hp, dang should have started with the x-47 to begin with, anyone looking for an x37 with 15k milea 😂😂

Woods247

2000 Post Club
EDIT: The whistle is just as bad. I had a cracked intercooler (boost leak). After I fixed it, the noise came back with a vengeance. It’s awful.

I installed the new Pumaspeed turbo inlet and the consistent whistle at 3K is gone. You can hear it under partial throttle acceleration but the annoying highway cruising whistle is gone. New gnarly sounds come out of my ITG intake as well. If the whistle bothers you, the new Pumaspeed inlet might be for you: http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Brand-New---Pumaspeed-Racing-Billet-CNC-Turbo-Inlet_17873.jsp

It feels like my X47 spoils a bit quicker as well but I need to log to confirm.

Last edited:

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Yikes, 240 :/ i think im pulling that on my x37 with 94octane and full bolt ons
Around 1900 feet (580 meters) elevation, 92 octane out of Montana is the best I can get. The 92 out in the Seattle area is closer to a 93 octane. I am also running about a max of 24.5 psi of boost. (sometimes peaks at around 25.5). Figured I want this thing to last so I do not have the thing maxed out. Tuned while it was about 90⁰F (32⁰C) outside.

I installed the new Pumaspeed turbo inlet and the consistent whistle at 3K is gone.
That is great news! I had emailed them and they made it sound like any noise reduction would be slight, so I have not purchased one. I just may now. Did you change it out while on the car? Is it a pain? I am a fool and I think I put a little bit of gasket maker on the joint with the turbo so I would have to deal with that as well.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
EDIT: The whistle is just as bad. I had a cracked intercooler (boost leak). After I fixed it, the noise came back with a vengeance. It’s awful.

It is slight. My biggest complaint was the constant whistle while cruising on the highway. It fixed that on my car.

Last edited:
Oh, I actually am currently using the stock crossover and I had to buy a new silicone elbow too. Ended up buying a 2.25" -2.5" elbow. Works perfectly! (The CNC inlet side is 2.25")