Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed X57/R/RS

Update on X57RS. Still stock front grill and crash bar. Went to a local heartbreaker dyno. Everyone made predictions for under 300 HP because the ambient outside temp was 100° and we're practically sea level. I didn't have a shop fan running on it, there was one but I said f* it run it back to back. I do have all the supporting mods; 2.5" hot and cold side pipes, higher bar map and tmap sensors, 3" on3(Bravo alpha clone) performance intercooler, boomba throttle body and intake spacers, whoosh hi flow cat downpipe, custom 3" side exit downward dump(didn't cut pinch weld) exhaust, I personally ported and polished my exhaust header, ITG maxogen intake, mountune intake elbow, whoosh crossover pipe. It is safe to say there's plenty of airflow going into the turbo and engine. Most airflow I've seen from data logs was 36.02 lb/min. Maybe with a tubular exhaust header it'll move more air. I also have jag 30% injectors and XDI HPFP tuned on e30.

Long story short made 330 HP 293 TQ on a 100 degree day at almost sea level with no shop fan running.

Attachments

Last edited:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Update on X57RS. Still stock front grill and crash bar. Went to a local heartbreaker dyno. Everyone made predictions for under 300 HP because the ambient outside temp was 100° and we're practically sea level. I didn't have a shop fan running on it, there was one but I said f* it run it back to back. I do have all the supporting mods; 2.5" hot and cold side pipes, higher bar map and tmap sensors, 3" on3(Bravo alpha clone) performance intercooler, boomba throttle body and intake spacers, whoosh hi flow cat downpipe, custom 3" side exit downward dump(didn't cut pinch weld) exhaust, I personally ported and polished my exhaust header, ITG maxogen intake, mountune intake elbow, whoosh crossover pipe. It is safe to say there's plenty of airflow going into the turbo and engine. Most airflow I've seen from data logs was 36.02 lb/min. Maybe with a tubular exhaust header it'll move more air. I also have jag 30% injectors and XDI HPFP tuned on e30.

Long story short made 330 HP 293 TQ on a 100 degree day at almost sea level with no shop fan running.
Dynojet is not a heartbreaker, they consistently read higher than mustang dynos.

I don't know anything about dynos and this was my first time ever being on one. One of the shop guys mentioned that it was that type of dyno. I thought dynojet is the software? Again I don't know a single thing about dynos.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I don't know anything about dynos and this was my first time ever being on one. One of the shop guys mentioned that it was that type of dyno. I thought dynojet is the software? Again I don't know a single thing about dynos.
My time in the modding world the mustang dyno (load based) was always referred to as the heartbreaker. The rule of thumb we used to use was -15% from dynojet (inertia based) numbers to estimate what a mustang dyno would typically read.

The dynos can be calibrated to read whatever the operator wants, though. What is key is if you want to compare your numbers for future changes, you should at least do it on the same dyno.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
My time in the modding world the mustang dyno (load based) was always referred to as the heartbreaker. The rule of thumb we used to use was -15% from dynojet (inertia based) numbers to estimate what a mustang dyno would typically read.

The dynos can be calibrated to read whatever the operator wants, though. What is key is if you want to compare your numbers for future changes, you should at least do it on the same dyno.
My car was initially tuned on a Mustang and the numbers looked horrible , Tech actually told me ya if was dynojet add 50-60 HP at that point my numbers would have looked on point my vdyno numbers have actually been close to if not spot on on what one would expect from my setup and fuel.
Oh and yes another confirm Mustang dynos are called Heartbreakers for this very reason . Thing is dyno’s are really arbitrary due to the fact it’s skewed by calibration , elevation , temp and whatnot. So thats why the drag boys just look at time slips instead. How fast can it get down the road is really the true test even in the canyons and on track.

What tire pressures were you at, and what was your 60’ from those runs?