Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed X57/R/RS

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
This seems really low for 28psi. S280 is making more with 28psi tapering to 24psi past 5800 before my aux was turned on. What Kind of timing were running. The AFR doesnt seem fat.
It was just a revision, I don't think he got very far.

Airflow. I was peaking around 32 lb/min, which is only slightly higher than I see on my x47r at 27 psi.
Good info.

It should be noted that while 32 lb/min ideally (in a sim) will make 320 HP, it will not in reality due to induction restrictions and combustion inefficiencies.

I have a 65 lb/min (33 psi) turbo on my 2.3 Lima, but it only makes ~450 whp due to a smallish HR cam and stock head and intake manifold.

HP is not only about airflow; it's also about velocity and shape through the "system".

At what point do components of the intake/exhaust become a restriction?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
That I would like to know, (in this application) as well.

What I've done in the past: Using the logs for MAP, IAT and analog pressure gauges, determine the actual pressure differentials BEFORE making changes to the cold / hot side of the system.

For example, if I removed an exhaust system and my boost pressure went DOWN- I made a move in the right direction (verified by my gauges).

I know a guy that solely developed the Coyote intake manifold that I respect very much- he is (as well as others in the industry) of the opinion that there are no big fish left to catch when it comes to modern induction, due to the amount of CFD resources available to the OEMs.

So...to guess at your question: I'd bet the intake /exhaust would be good to about 375-400 whp.

wetwea33

Airflow. I was peaking around 32 lb/min, which is only slightly higher than I see on my x47r at 27 psi.
Yeah my s280 will see about 31-32 at 24psi up top on 7* timing although the airflow numbers don't mean a ton as they are inferred on this car.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So Iā€™ve got an x57rs running n my car, making 355whp, anyone else got one running yet out there?
WHP or BHP?

You bloaks across the pond measure things different than Yanks do....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TJWB85

WHP or BHP?

You bloaks across the pond measure things different than Yanks do....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I know, I donā€™t know why we measure in bhp, but i meant I am making 355 at the wheels! Was on rollers not a vdyno

i Was just trying to fire up this thread a bit since a fair few people have got these turbos now! Iā€™m very impressed with mine!

Reviving an old thread. Does anyone know if 33psi is too much for a X57RS? I looked at my data logs and I'm pushing 36 lb/min at 33 psi. I think my custom shorty exhaust has something to do with the airflow. How much psi can a stock engine take?

pwnall1337

Vendor
It really depends on heat. I've been upwards of 30-32 psi on the X57RS which uses k16 bearing vs k04 bearing found in the S280 or base X57 so it can be spun harder, but you need a beefy intercooler and enough airflow from the front of the car.

32 psi on stock cams will put you somewhere around 370 whp with an xdi35 and 30% injectors.

I thought the s280 used a K03 bearing?

My car has almost every possible bolt on. I even have the boomba intake and throttle body spacers. I'm using a on3 performance 3" intercooler. It looks like the bravoalpha one. I had to move the front crash sensors or whatever those sensors are in the inside the grill area. I will probably shave the grill to let in more air but it's good to know that it'll handle the higher psi just fine.

I thought the s280 used a K03 bearing?

My car has almost every possible bolt on. I even have the boomba intake and throttle body spacers. I'm using a on3 performance 3" intercooler. It looks like the bravoalpha one. I had to move the front crash sensors or whatever those sensors are in the inside the grill area. I will probably shave the grill to let in more air but it's good to know that it'll handle the higher psi just fine.
there's a thread here about one of the few drivers who did extensive airflow mods to his FiST (he posts regularly but can't remember his username); unless you have an aftermarket crash bar, shaving the front grill might actually prevent more cool air from hitting your BravoAlpha-clone FMIC since a lot of that air is gonna hit the crash bar and create some turbulence. i mention that driver because his workaround was fabricating a huge air duct to bypass that crash bar.

a lot of people here would recommend getting a TB performance crash bar but that's not a cheap solution.

Yeah I thought it would probably be something along that line of hurting airflow. I remember that someone drilled/cutout huge holes in the crashbar. I wonder if that will helpšŸ¤”