Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Purge Valve Fix (codes P1450, p219a)

haste

1000 Post Club
Anyone know if this DTC will go inactive and the check engine light will go out if the problem is fixed or is it a latching code and it needs to be cleared? I'd love to replace the purge valve assembly and drive the car until the light goes out to confirm that was the true problem or not. I've had the P1450 coming on intermittently for the past year or so now. I can normally just clear it out and it may not come back for a couple months or so...

haste

1000 Post Club
Installed the purge valve assembly on Monday of this week and the CEL went out this morning. It took way longer than I thought for it to go out by itself. I believe I had about 10 drive cycles on the car between the installation of the part and the CEL extinguishing. I also filled up the fuel tank in between. All trips were probably less than 15 miles each.

Cheapest I can find the purge valve assembly local(D2BZ-9C047-E) is $174.50 plus tax, ugh. I can order it from Tasca for $152.40 but probably won't get it for 2-3 weeks like my last couple order I have placed with them. 1st world problems!
Bro, they have it for $117 now. Get it while its cheap.

OP
hendrixsrv
Thread Starter #26
Update: Two months in, p1450 has not shown up and the juttering is non existent after fillup as well.

Downside; p219a keeps popping up now. Im going to guess its either my o2 sensor or the whoosh cat has officially gone bad. Any idea if p219a is associated with the downstream or the upstream o2 sensor?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Update: Two months in, p1450 has not shown up and the juttering is non existent after fillup as well.

Downside; p219a keeps popping up now. Im going to guess its either my o2 sensor or the whoosh cat has officially gone bad. Any idea if p219a is associated with the downstream or the upstream o2 sensor?
Where do you get fuel at?

OP
hendrixsrv
Thread Starter #28
Where do you get fuel at?
I usually get it at a mixture of 7 Eleven, Shell, and Sunoco. Just depends on when my fuel runs low. Lately though because I switched to T-Mobile, I get discounts on Shell fuel so I've switched over to that. Thats when my p219a codes popped up far more frequently. Now I switched back to Sunoco or 7 Eleven and still pops up.

Yup! It will fit. I have a 2015. It's a direct replacement for it. For those with 2016+ it should still work and you dont need to use that extra line for your intake anymore if you get the replacement part above.
Resurrection from the dead. I have a 17 and need to do this biggly. I know there’s an intake “fix” and 16 was the split year, but having the st200 and a 17 will this part above bolt on, or do I need something else? What’s the “extra line” for my intake elbow and do I need a block off or is it going to run vac to the atmosphere without a connection?

Yup! It will fit. I have a 2015. It's a direct replacement for it. For those with 2016+ it should still work and you dont need to use that extra line for your intake anymore if you get the replacement part above.
Has anyone tried this with a 2016+? I just ordered and received this same assembly from Ford Parts for my 2016 only to find that the part needs an extra line since the stock intake hose on 2016s has 2 nozzles whereas 2015s have only one, which would be the perfect fit for this assembly. According to ford, there is not a separate part number for 2016+ FiSTs. Has anyone tried just plugging one of the nozzles on the intake to make this work?

Any suggestions welcome. I just spent $170 on this part and don't really want to spend more on an intake hose with a single nozzle.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Has anyone tried this with a 2016+? I just ordered and received this same assembly from Ford Parts for my 2016 only to find that the part needs an extra line since the stock intake hose on 2016s has 2 nozzles whereas 2015s have only one, which would be the perfect fit for this assembly. According to ford, there is not a separate part number for 2016+ FiSTs. Has anyone tried just plugging one of the nozzles on the intake to make this work?

Any suggestions welcome. I just spent $170 on this part and don't really want to spend more on an intake hose with a single nozzle.
I got it to stop by leaving the nozzle in the pump for 3+ minutes after it clicks. No joke. 1 minute and I still had problems occasionally. 5 minutes worked, but God damn that's a long time. I've experimented with 3 minutes and that seems to work as well. Next time I need to fill up I will do 2 minutes, see if I can get away with that.

I got it to stop by leaving the nozzle in the pump for 3+ minutes after it clicks. No joke. 1 minute and I still had problems occasionally. 5 minutes worked, but God damn that's a long time. I've experimented with 3 minutes and that seems to work as well. Next time I need to fill up I will do 2 minutes, see if I can get away with that.
You are a patient man. After going to the Ford Parts site and faking my car's age to be 2 years younger (2018), I was able to get the right part. Installed it today, filled her up, and not a studder on start after fill up. So if you've got a 2016 and need to change this purge valve assembly, you can't rely on your VIN# to get you the right part. Make sure and look at the photos carefully to be sure it's a good match. Happy revs.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
You are a patient man. After going to the Ford Parts site and faking my car's age to be 2 years younger (2018), I was able to get the right part. Installed it today, filled her up, and not a studder on start after fill up. So if you've got a 2016 and need to change this purge valve assembly, you can't rely on your VIN# to get you the right part. Make sure and look at the photos carefully to be sure it's a good match. Happy revs.
I got a 17.
Glad it worked out for you. Hopefully the problem won't rear its ugly head again.

I don't mind waiting a few minutes after filling up. I've always got something to do while waiting. As I've gotten up in the years, I've become a lot more patient in general.

I also have a 17 with this issue so I stopped at the Ford Dealership to see if there was a proper replacement with the single intake plug. F2BZ-9C047-C appears to be the correct part with one intake plug and its about $30 cheaper than the other one. Hope this helps.

Pardon my ignorance, I just want to make sure I'm getting the right part. I have a '14, same issues, same codes. I see that everyone is getting D2BZ-9C047-E and it's working fine for them.

I'm watching this video of a mechanic changing out the same part on a '16, but it's D2BZ-9C047-F.

When I try to verify the "E" part with my VIN, it's "incompatible". When I try and verify the "F" part, it's not verified either way. I also see in the thread that for some reason verifying with your VIN isn't reliable... so yeah.

I know you've all pretty much stated that D2BZ-9C047-E is the direct replacement, but is there a chance it could be D2BZ-9C047-F?