Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Push Button Start?

Hmm it’s been a while since I did mine but if I remember correctly it’s just a one tab that you push down. This is a picture of the connector in the
workshop manual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Hmm it’s been a while since I did mine but if I remember correctly it’s just a one tab that you push down. This is a picture of the connector in the
workshop manual

I'm just trying to get the switch out. Lol. I can't seem to get it out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
workshop manual

Not the connector, the switch itself. I need some tips to get it removed. I've tried my plastic pry tools, small flat blade screwdrivers and my picks and I haven't been able to remove the switch from the dash. HELP? Anyone??

Sorry it’s being such a pain - it’s been so long since I’ve done mine. I don’t remember anything difficult about it coming out. I’m sure it’s one of those things that’s being difficult because it’s never been out before ?You are using plastic interior trim tools right?

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Sorry it’s being such a pain - it’s been so long since I’ve done mine. I don’t remember anything difficult about it coming out. I’m sure it’s one of those things that’s being difficult because it’s never been out before ?You are using plastic interior trim tools right?

Yup but I'm not sure where to pry exactly. I've looked at the switch I got from Whoosh, the Euro Ford one that works in our cars, but still haven't been able to get it to budge. No instructions were included and I haven't been able to find anything in my Google search either on a Forum or YouTube.

Yup but I'm not sure where to pry exactly. I've looked at the switch I got from Whoosh, the Euro Ford one that works in our cars, but still haven't been able to get it to budge. No instructions were included and I haven't been able to find anything in my Google search either on a Forum or YouTube.

Here’s the type of pry tool I used. Just worked it one corner at a time.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
All I did was change out the face cover of the switch instead of swapping the entire switch out after I removed the switch. It will just pop right out.....If I remember correctly the Uk switch wouldn't work so that is why I switched the face plates out and used my stock switch. Its the ford power one also NOW....

All I did was change out the face cover of the switch instead of swapping the entire switch out after I removed the switch. It will just pop right out.....If I remember correctly the Uk switch wouldn't work so that is why I switched the face plates out and used my stock switch. Its the ford power one also NOW....
Should say Garrett power 👌

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I got the one listed above from Ron @ Whoosh, the one that does work but has the arrows on it. I will try again. I just dont want to damage my soft dash material when removing it. Thanks all for the tips.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I got the one listed above from Ron @ Whoosh, the one that does work but has the arrows on it. I will try again. I just dont want to damage my soft dash material when removing it. Thanks all for the tips.

all the push buttons "fit" the same
make sure you are using the pry tool to pop out the entire plastic bezel and button, NOT just the button.
once you pop the button and bezel out of the dash, simple unplug and swap the button in the bezel, then push it back in the dash.

Both start buttons we offer "fit" the Fiesta
The Red illuminated button is plug and play works 100% as the stock Fiesta button does
The BLUE illuminated button is really for the Focus, the electronics are slightly different so in this case the top cap/lense has to be swapped from the BLUE illuminated switch to your stock push button. Super easy mod either way you go

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
all the push buttons "fit" the same
make sure you are using the pry tool to pop out the entire plastic bezel and button, NOT just the button.
once you pop the button and bezel out of the dash, simple unplug and swap the button in the bezel, then push it back in the dash.

Both start buttons we offer "fit" the Fiesta
The Red illuminated button is plug and play works 100% as the stock Fiesta button does
The BLUE illuminated button is really for the Focus, the electronics are slightly different so in this case the top cap/lense has to be swapped from the BLUE illuminated switch to your stock push button. Super easy mod either way you go
I got it. I thought I was just removing the button/switch, not the entire deep bezel. I bought the plug and play red button from you Ron a while ago and it works perfectly. I just wish I had instructions or a picture to go by when installing it. That would have been helpful.