Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

pwnall1337's Fiesta ST #2 Build Thread

me32

1000 Post Club
I think he put in new plugs but off the top of my head I dont recall them being colder..
What spark plugs are you running? If op is pushing more boost then I would expect a colder plug.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Well I went and looked at the parts i got back with the build here is what i have
Factory Plug is a FoMoCo CYFS13YRC
New Plug is a Denso ITV22
not sure this help but you can now cross reference with a heat range chart if you want..

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #65
thanks [MENTION=9]rodmoe[/MENTION]

I let them handle the spark plug picking so I'm not sure. I'm hoping it doesn't rain monday and I can go ride my motorcycle down to JMS before I go to work since I'm second shift to check the car out and possibly choose a spark plug if it's not too late.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #66
They got back to me and said they are using NGK as opposed to the Denso ITV22, however from some googling I did the Denso ITV22 is a one step colder plug.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #72
I got the car back today cause I needed it back as my room mates z06 motor blew last night. It's running 22.5 lbs and 280 whp which we feel is safe given the 110 IAT's and 90% humidity along with very conservative timing. The car pulls like hell from 5-6k rpm, but anywhere else in the powerband there is no power. It needs to go back for a boost actuator adjustment and probably back on the dyno for a retune.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #73
So I'm dropping the car back off tomorrow. They determined the wastegate pressure is at 9psi when it should be 14 psi as per ATP which explained my horrible turbo lag. The turbo will have to come off and the car will be getting a complete re map. I'll post numbers and a graph when I have it.

So I'm dropping the car back off tomorrow. They determined the wastegate pressure is at 9psi when it should be 14 psi as per ATP which explained my horribly turbo lag. The turbo will have to come off and the car will be getting a complete re map. I'll post numbers and a graph when I have it.
That's good to hear. Your post before turned me off from going big turbo.

me32

1000 Post Club
Glad you found the issue. Hopefully you wont have lag after.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I got the car back today cause I needed it back as my room mates z06 motor blew last night. It's running 22.5 lbs and 280 whp which we feel is safe given the 110 IAT's and 90% humidity along with very conservative timing. The car pulls like hell from 5-6k rpm, but anywhere else in the powerband there is no power. It needs to go back for a boost actuator adjustment and probably back on the dyno for a retune.
Hey...We haven't heard from you in quite a while now...Ever get the lag issue resolved after your BT install and retune? Or are you also seeing similar results as others have who installed these GTX BT's where below 4500rpm the FiST's responsiveness appears to be greatly diminished? Really appreciate any honest feedback you may have for others like myself still considering moving to a larger turbo...

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #78
So likeee I've been car less for 3 weeks since JMS has been so busy. I've been using my motorcycle to get to work. The wastegate pressure wasn't getting past 9psi, they took the turbo off today and found it was properly calibrated [MENTION=348]ModBargains[/MENTION] for 14 psi. I should be apologizing to Jurrian for putting him through hell, but I just found out today when they checked the wastegate. They adjusted the wastegate to 18psi in hopes for better turbo response. I'll also be selling my cobb catback and down pipe as I need to go bigger like [MENTION=1098]drag4life723[/MENTION] originally told me. Basically I'll pray that Russell decides to make a bigger exhaust manifold for the ATP kit users and I still need to buy an aquamist kit. After 1-2 months I'll be looking to sell my cobb full exhaust for around $800 probably so that I can target 370 whp on a built motor with high boost.

Should be back on the dyno today or tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it feels.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
So likeee I've been car less for 3 weeks since JMS has been so busy. I've been using my motorcycle to get to work. The wastegate pressure wasn't getting past 9psi, they took the turbo off today and found it was properly calibrated [MENTION=348]ModBargains[/MENTION] for 14 psi. I should be apologizing to Jurrian for putting him through hell, but I just found out today when they checked the wastegate. They adjusted the wastegate to 18psi in hopes for better turbo response. I'll also be selling my cobb catback and down pipe as I need to go bigger like [MENTION=1098]drag4life723[/MENTION] originally told me. Basically I'll pray that Russell decides to make a bigger exhaust manifold for the ATP kit users and I still need to buy an aquamist kit. After 1-2 months I'll be looking to sell my cobb full exhaust for around $800 probably so that I can target 370 whp on a built motor with high boost.

Should be back on the dyno today or tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it feels.
hey thanks for the update...very much interested in seeing what your overall response and power curve looks like <4500rpm and if you were able to resolve lag issues you mentioned seeing earlier...

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Bigger manifold don't help if there is a bottle neck ie: stock flange. I know some guys that make a nice turbo kit with a good manifold [emoji6]

Ford Community Posts