Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

pwnall1337's Fiesta ST #2 Build Thread

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Also [MENTION=602]pwnall1337[/MENTION] we will be releasing stage built bottom ends and long blocks for the 1.6l Ecoboost! So if your looking to upgrade the engine call the guys that have the experience call DHM! Shop one time instead of twice! Woot!

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #82
Also [MENTION=602]pwnall1337[/MENTION] we will be releasing stage built bottom ends and long blocks for the 1.6l Ecoboost! So if your looking to upgrade the engine call the guys that have the experience call DHM! Shop one time instead of twice! Woot!
Will do. I need fuel and forged internals. help! :p

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Hey...We haven't heard from you in quite a while now...Ever get the lag issue resolved after your BT install and retune? Or are you also seeing similar results as others have who installed these GTX BT's where below 4500rpm the FiST's responsiveness appears to be greatly diminished? Really appreciate any honest feedback you may have for others like myself still considering moving to a larger turbo...
FYI im working on a really nice 290-310whp set up right now. Garrett turbo, everything vbands, very fast spool (3000-3400rpm full boost), external wastegate and more. Going to be cheaper than any turbo kit out there now that comes with a manifold. Keep an eye out.

Russ

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
FYI im working on a really nice 290-310whp set up right now. Garrett turbo, everything vbands, very fast spool (3000-3400rpm full boost), external wastegate and more. Going to be cheaper than any turbo kit out there now that comes with a manifold. Keep an eye out.

Russ
that would be very much appreciated Russ! :)

DHM1

1000 Post Club
that would be very much appreciated Russ! :)
Yea we did the testing with all the small efr turbos and we just were not happy. 3400-3800rpm full spool for only 300whp was not really expectable for us. The gtx2867r comes in at 3800-4200 rpm and makes 400whp lol. Even in 90deg weather with a da of 5800ft we have logs with the gtx2867r spooling at 4200-4400rpm that's worse case.

So there are so many guys that want good tq and are happy with 300whp so that is our goal with this kit.

Russ

Russ
Oh wow. I'd be very interested in this! Would you be able to incorporate the BOV in some other way than on your large DHM intercooler? (I'm using COBBs and don't want to have to switch it out for those power levels.)

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Oh wow. I'd be very interested in this! Would you be able to incorporate the BOV in some other way than on your large DHM intercooler? (I'm using COBBs and don't want to have to switch it out for those power levels.)
I don't want to thread Jack but the kit would come ready to bolt on. No xtras needed

Russ

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Yea we did the testing with all the small efr turbos and we just were not happy. 3400-3800rpm full spool for only 300whp was not really expectable for us. The gtx2867r comes in at 3800-4200 rpm and makes 400whp lol. Even in 90deg weather with a da of 5800ft we have logs with the gtx2867r spooling at 4200-4400rpm that's worse case.

So there are so many guys that want good tq and are happy with 300whp so that is our goal with this kit.

Russ
First ...my apologies for jacking the thread....not sure where to move this to?

I think a good number of us here are looking for fairly quick spooling turbo setups with a decent power delivery from 3000~5500rpm...I would think even 260~280whp would be more than enough power for those of us who primarily use their FiST's as daily drivers and enjoy the more than occasional spirited romps!

Really looking forward to seeing what you come with....when do you expect to have this kit along with results available? My mod season starts back up here in Sept when the weather cools down a bit....

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #90
First ...my apologies for jacking the thread....not sure where to move this to?

I think a good number of us here are looking for fairly quick spooling turbo setups with a decent power delivery from 3000~5500rpm...I would think even 260~280whp would be more than enough power for those of us who primarily use their FiST's as daily drivers and enjoy the more than occasional spirited romps!

Really looking forward to seeing what you come with....when do you expect to have this kit along with results available? My mod season starts back up here in Sept when the weather cools down a bit....
Consider my thread your thread. Anyways, My goal is 400 whp so I may upgrade to your kit if the ATP stuff doesn't work out. Lost money, but w.e

Russ
Oh man that sounds nice...

Russ
You continue to impress us Russ, keep up the excellent work.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #94
Someone really needs to tell atp to preload their wastegates to 18psi instead of 14. Much better results after increasing wastegate pressure.

This dyno sheet below represents the stock ATP wastegate spooling (14psi) vs the modified wastegate preload spooling on 18psi. Pay no attention to the numbers, but the spooling. Blue is before, Red is after. I can assure you there was no boost leak!

More tweaking all at 18psi wastegate preload :

Where we are currently at (still being tuned) :

Spooling won't get much better, but that's where [MENTION=1098]drag4life723[/MENTION] comes into the picture with his proven DHM turbo kit that spools in 3k range with the same turbo. I'll have final results in a few hours, but in 2-3 months I'm throwing on a DHM turbo kit w/aux fuel/exhaust and built motor hopefully. I want to pay off my 2015 kawasaki vulcan s before I throw more paychecks at the Fiesta.

Also everyone needs to keep in mind I'm in San Antonio and it's 95 degrees outside right now. These numbers are super impressive for 95 degree temps.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #95
I got 3 words for you guys. HO LEE SHIT. This thing pulls as hard as my 2013 Bone stock LS3 corvette. I pooped on an svt lightning driving it home from the shop. It's pushing over 300 whp (waiting on final dyno sheet) and it's revving to 7,400 rpm at 25 psi. AFR's are 11.8 desired until I take it over 7,200 and because we run out of fuel it leans up a bit to low 12's which is still sort of ok for direct injected car. As soon as I get built motor and aux fuel I'm going to run e85. I'm wondering if DHM plans on selling a flex fuel sensor.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
I got 3 words for you guys. HO LEE SHIT. This thing pulls as hard as my 2013 Bone stock LS3 corvette. I pooped on an svt lightning driving it home from the shop. It's pushing over 300 whp (waiting on final dyno sheet) and it's revving to 7,400 rpm at 25 psi. AFR's are 11.8 desired until I take it over 7,200 and because we run out of fuel it leans up a bit to low 12's which is still sort of ok for direct injected car. As soon as I get built motor and aux fuel I'm going to run e85. I'm wondering if DHM plans on selling a flex fuel sensor.
I can offer a flex fuel kit with the aux fuel. But [emoji106] on the hp and rpm.

Russ

Awesome! How well are you hooking up without having a LSD?

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #100
no wheel spin and the waaaaa pa pa pa pa pa at 7,400 in first gear has a nice sound to it.

Ford Community Posts