Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question before i buy BOV bypass adapter

Hey guys I’m looking at picking up the cheap eBay BOV bypass adapter, basically a knockoff off the boomba adapter just quieter as I heard the boomba one is stupid loud.

I’m Canadian and this is a North America st. Will I see any issues or performance loss from this? Some ppl said you lose performance due to the factory tune throwing in more fuel since the stock bypass valve is suppose to be redirecting air back into the engine. But since it will be venting to the atmosphere its just dumping in more gas but no air.

this true?

Our car is tuning MAP based and not MAF so no downside of venting to atmosphere.

Not sure how the chinese will be quieter since it's a copy of the Boomba

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
They’re all loud. I ran a Breedt brand spacer and it sounded like air brakes on a bus. They all vent the same way and the same amount of air... I doubt the hole/holes in the spacer make much of a sound difference.

View: https://youtu.be/Htkp4qw3YyQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
FWIW, the BOV spacer is cool beginner mod. It makes cool sounds, it’s relatively easy to install, and it’s cheap. Nothing gets damaged. The factory tune is sufficient.

After the novelty wears off, you might want a quiet car again (easily removable) or you might decide to drop more coin on a legit BOV set up.

Either way, try it out and see if you like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Se7eN

Wont hurt anything at all. Go for it, you'll eventually loose interest in it because of how loud it is. But it'll be fun until that point

I have the boomba full Circulating Valve and been having it for about 3 years I believe haven’t got annoyed yet lol