Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question for new adjustable Koni yellow struts.

Ordered some adjustable Koni yellow fronts and swift spec-r springs. Should I buy new oem strut bumpers and front strut bearings for the new setup? Or would the old ones probably be fine? Car as 60k miles of mostly highway commute.

I'm for sure going to order some rear upper spring insulators. I've read those wear out pretty easy.

OP
F
Thread Starter #3
Damn, bump stop, bearing, mounting assembly and dust boot? RIP

kevinatfms

Rock Auto works wonders for the little things.

Also, forget the stock upper bearings. Grab the DNA camber plates. Worth the coin.

OP
F
Thread Starter #5
I just went with KYB for all the doo-dads. Ordered OEM lower spring seats and the damn things didn't fit, waste of money! Used some rubber radiator hose instead.

Anyone know if suspension shops carry camber strut bolts for the alignment? I should I order some from like Tire Rack so they can adjust the camber?

I've got Koni yellow sports and swift spec-r springs on all four corners.

Attachments

the duke

I just went with KYB for all the doo-dads. Ordered OEM lower spring seats and the damn things didn't fit, waste of money! Used some rubber radiator hose instead.

Anyone know if suspension shops carry camber strut bolts for the alignment? I should I order some from like Tire Rack so they can adjust the camber?

I've got Koni yellow sports and swift spec-r springs on all four corners.
Didn’t fit? I had no problems with OEM lower spring bushes. Also those are Konis ;)

Recommend Whoosh. Any of them should be fine. SPC, H&R, etc.

OP
F
Thread Starter #7
Didn’t fit? I had no problems with OEM lower spring bushes. Also those are Konis ;)

Recommend Whoosh. Any of them should be fine. SPC, H&R, etc.
Yeah the Ford OEM lower spring seats didn't line up/fit the Konis. Had to use rubber hose instead 😑

kevinatfms

Moog part number K90473 and i buy them on Amazon since they are only $11 and free shipping with Prime. Get them the next day.

They are only good for -1.0 additional camber maxed out per the Moog chart.

OP
F
Thread Starter #9
Anyone know good camber settings for swift spec-r springs? Found a thread on here where a guy recommended -1.5 left, -1.7 right on the front. Fixing to get an alignment tomorrow!

kevinatfms

Anyone know good camber settings for swift spec-r springs? Found a thread on here where a guy recommended -1.5 left, -1.7 right on the front. Fixing to get an alignment tomorrow!
As much camber as you possibly can get. Throw some camber bolts in the upper knuckle location to get -2.0+ on both sides.

I keep toe to OE but some like 1/8 out for turn in.

OP
F
Thread Starter #12
Threw the camber bolts In yesterday, I'll tell em to set me up at -2 and 0 toe. Thanks 🤠