Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question for those of you who have Dyno

I recently Dynoed my fiesta st but ran into an interesting issue. Once up on the rollers I could not disable ESC. The ESC "Active" light was on like when you encounter wheel spin, but this was at idle and always. Turning the car off and back on did not clear the light, once on the ground no issues. I believe the light showing active is what was preventing me from turning the ESC off. I could not adjust its setting at all.

Have any of you encountered this issue, or any ideas on the possible cause? It was an AWD dyno so all four tires were on the rollers.

Was hoping to rent the dyno for my e-tune, but if I cant solve this don't know what I will do. The ATL area is very short on possible data logging roads. If its remote its twisty [:p]

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Did you try turning off ESC while the wheels were in motion or when they were stopped?

Not that I think it should matter, but if the wheels were rolling and the system was already trying to counteract it it might not be able to be defeated in that moment.

OP
Lizzardmax
Thread Starter #3
That's the thing. I could not change it at any time in motion or stopped. I think because the wheels were "in motion" even when stopped because they were up on the dyno rollers. I will try again sometime, with the brakes depressed I think.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
All the lights will be one but should not affect anything. Any time i pull a car on the dyno to start a tune reset the ECU and KAM. Then Hold the ESC to shut everything off. Once rolling the rest of the lights will come on but nothing will be affected.

Russ